Chapter 19 | What do you think you're doing ?

Start bij het begin

Fury turn around to look at the angry woman, before turning to Maria Hill. "Do you know where she can find them ?"

Hill look down at her screen, taping on it from time to time, accessing the cameras of the ship. "Detention sir."

"Thanks" And with that Raven storm towards Loki's cell, wrecking her brain to try and find clues of where he could be.

She run to the cell, holding her wounded side, wincing from time to time, the medication they gave her wearing off. Raven might have a clue where to find Loki, rewinding everything she heard, from the moment she heard the guy talk, to the moment he walked off leaving her bleeding out to death.

When she reach the room Loki was held in, she find both Rogers and Stark, her eyes trailing on the room, stopping for a second on the blood stain on the nearby wall, assuming this is where Coulson died. Both men turn her way, looking surprised, but when she really take the time to look at them, it seems like they were talking about something which didn't end up nicely.

"Am I interrupting ?" None of them answer, Steve recovering from the fact she's standing in front of him, a slight blush rising on his cheeks since her torso is not that covered up.

"How are you standing here ? I honestly thought you were dead." Stark suddenly exclaim, gesturing wildly with his hands.

Raven doesn't answer back, rolling her eyes, she turn to the Captain, expecting an answer from her previous question. "You're not interrupting, it concern you too." He reassure her. Raven nod her head, and lean on the nearby wall to steady herself, the pain becoming stronger by the minute. Vibranium do really sting.

Stark seems to have gain his senses back, after seeing Raven 'back from the dead', he turn back to face Rogers. "I'm not marching to Fury's fife."

"Neither am I. He's got the same blood on his hands as Loki does. But right now we got to put that behind us and get this done." Rogers seems determine in his words. Saying things sternly and firmly, but behind his words, Raven knows it mean she will have to keep her mouth shut on a lot of things about herself. Persuaded she got more blood on her hand than Loki or Fury.

"Loki needs a power source. If we can put together a list..." The captain is cut off by the billionaire quickly. "he made it personal."

"I don't think we should focus on the personal but more on which power source he's gonna need and Tony I ..." Raven is now the one getting cut off by Stark. "It is something we need to focus on. That's Loki's focus. He hit us all right where we live. Why ?"

"To tear us apart." Now Rogers seems to understand where Stark is going, following in his reasoning while Raven just wait on the side, hoping the genius will figure it out soon, watching their interaction.

"Yeah, divide and conquer is great but he knows he has to take us out to win, right ? That's what he wants."

Raven start to pick up on what Stark is thinking, already pissing the missing parts of the puzzle in her head, looking back at the event in Germany, the way Loki was around the crowd.

"he wants to beat us, and he wants to be seen doing it. He wants an audience." Stark is all over the place, going himself higher up, probably trying to put himself in Loki's shoes, find out the way he's thinking.

"Right, we caught his act in Stuttgart. He was parading in the kneeling crowd." Rogers add while Stark is still gesturing with his hands around, Loki's point on the tip of his tongue, he's close to understand the god and he knows it.

"Yeah, exactly, that was just previews. This is opening night. And Loki is a full-tilt diva right ? He wants flowers, he wants parades. He wants a monument built to the skies with his name plastered on it."