13. No, it's not Over

Start from the beginning

"Save it, asshole", Sherlock narrowed his eyes. "This is just the beginning. You have already been sentenced in absentia. Do you have any idea what the court decision will most likely be? Death penalty, Shaw. You are a dead man", he said coldly.

"So it would not make much of a difference if I killed you both now", Dominic hissed. Both his hands were trembling.

"Actually, it would", Sherlock tilted his head mockingly. "No arrest warrant has been issued in your name yet. More than half of the accusations in your name will be permanently deleted, only if Irene and I leave here safely."

"Why would you do that??", Dominic shouted like a madman. "I don't believe you!!"

"Believe it or not, you don't have much time, Shaw", Sherlock shrugged with a smirk. "Run for your life or kill us now and face justice."

"You said they are watching at us now! Do you think I'm stupid??", Dominic growled. "It is as if I have confessed to the crimes!!"

"Let me make it clearer. If Irene and I leave here alive, no recording will be made official against you. Only if you kill us will an arrest warrant be issued for you and believe me, you will not be able to survive. Everything will be buried in the darkest drawer again, only if you want it."

Dominic seemed to be contemplated after Sherlock's declaration. You could see in his eyes the uncertainty swallowing his whole being. He didn't know what to do. Sherlock stood proudly and fearlessly, patiently awaiting Dominic's decision. It was as if he knew Dominic's decision from the beginning.

Suddenly Dominic's eyes lit up and he started laughing hysterically. "You're so stupid!", he withdrew his gun and passed his fingers through his short, dark brown hair. "You think you've figured it out, Holmes. Oh, my God, you're so stupid..."

"Care to explain?", Sherlock narrowed his eyes, trying to keep his cool.

"You guarded everyone, right?", Dominic arched an eyebrow, smirking devilishly. "That friend of yours, John Watson and his baby. Oh, and that old lady. Mrs. Hudson."

"Yes, they're very well protected."

"What about your sister, though, Holmes?", he grinned an evil grin.

Irene swallowed hard. This was getting serious. Sherlock had a soft spot for his sister even though he never admitted it.

"You couldn't reach her, Shaw", Sherlock chuckled colorlesly.

Dominic reached for his mobile, searched for something and afterwards he held his phone, the screen opposite of Sherlock. It was her. Eurus Holmes. Three men were right outside her cell. They were holding guns.

Sherlock couldn't help but freeze to the spot. It was not about John or Irene. It was not about Mrs. Hudson or himself. It was about a defenseless creature who actually loved him unconditionally. His sister.

"You won't harm her", Sherlock hissed, losing his temper.

"No, you're right", Dominic put his mobile back to his pocket and smirked. "I'm not going to harm her. I'm going to kill her."

Irene had enough. She shoved Sherlock out of her way with all her might and pulled out of her coat her gun. Oh, yes indeed, she carried a gun.

"For fuck's sake, you're talking too much", she growled, shooting him repeatedly. First bullet on his hip. Second bullet on his crotch. Third bullet on his stomach. Last bullet on his head. Dominic Shaw was dead and she was free.

Her first reaction was to burst out laughing. She was finally free from the shackles of the tyrant. An unbearable weight left over her as his body fell dead to the ground. This man was a monster. Not only had he ruined the lives of so many people but he also tried to ruin Irene's life. Not anymore. The tyranny had ended forever.