Chapter Four: Jeanne Alter

On a distant battlefield, the sound of roaring clacks of swords. Thick metal armor pounding against the ground. The sounds of whooshing of arrows through the air. Shouting of men screaming at one another. Blood-curdling screams between clashing metal and running heavy feet. 

A lone knight stood in the middle, furious about the battle. Not to the men are dying all around the knight, furious that they are fighting to begin with. Then a red knight slowly began to walk up to the knight. A sword is covered in blood as the lone knight turns back, to stare at the red knight. 

'Why? Why did this happen? How did all of this come to pass? What did I do to deserve all of this? I still don't remember why anymore. But it haunts me nonetheless." 

The red knight began to raise their sword as the lone night raise a spear. This horrible fight came to a close in the end. The lone knight remains strong, as the sun began to set, and the night consumes the field. The knight began to limp towards a lone tree on a hill. Another knight in silver runs up to the lone knight to help. 

'Maybe I did deserve this after all. But somehow a pain still remained. Why does it hurt? Why does this haunt me? Why can't this end? Why must I remember this? That was my wish. To know that answer and rest peacefully. But this one, this master that blood flow through me, brought something new into my life. 

A new purpose. 

And I love that. I don't know why but I do. I love this new life.'

--------------------------------

In the morning, Y/n woke up to find the Artoria was next to him, guarding him. "You didn't have to stay by me all night." He retorts to her actions as he rise up to stand. "You need to rest, your injuries aren't done healing yet." She said as she raise a hand for him to take. He reach for it but she grab his wrist. 

"You must slow down. You are going to kill yourself soon enough if you don't." The young master jerk his hand away from her. "I be fine Saber." He reach out once more, and she help him up. He turn to see Jeanne and Mashu speaking to each other. He signal Artoria to follow him up to the two. 

"So. Where are we heading?" He ask as Jeanne move towards him. She gave a smile as she pick up a sword from the ground. "Orleans." Jeanne spoke to him as she put it away. "That is where I would go. The 'witch' me, would be there." "Make sense." 

Roman then step in after being quite for a good long while. "The Battle of Orleans during Jeanne's time was in 1428 to 1429. It was a turning point during the Hundred Years war and Jeanne's first military victory. This lead the men in the French Army to be in a long series campaign which lead the English to flee from France and assist in another few years of peace."

"Who is that?" Jeanne ask as she look around. searching for the man that just spoke to her. "That is a friend of ours back in Chaldea where its safe, speaking through us with magecraft made device that is on my wrist here." She look astonished about it as she stare at his watch. Poking at it and examining it. She look at him with star in her eyes. "Amazing. To think that Magic can do something like this! What can magic can't do?" 

"Sorry about not introducing myself earlier. But I was working on what you need Y/n. Some blood from Olga Marie. Hope that it can help you as soon as you come back here." Roman explain his sudden appearance. "That is good Doctor. Now we can bring her back so we can at least have her around for a good while." 

"You can bring the dead back to life?" Jeanne inquiry towards me as she take a step back, in shock. "No. I can only bring her soul back for a little while till I can find a more permanent solution. But this is a good thing for the mean time to know more on what to do."