Chapter Two: Mashu and the Knight

Saber, or what she want to be called for now till she can tell me my name, has been helping me out for awhile now. But I can't tell the passage of time thanks to the sky. I can't tell if its day or night, but I don't care right now. She had carried me into a large cave nearby and place me against a large rock. She then go out for a long time to search for medicine.

When she come back, she usually sit on a large rock and stay there as I help myself. She would often stare at me as I work. But every time I turn my head to her, she look away. I wonder why? But I have to deal with it for now.

"What is your name?" I ask her, as she rest from a recent battle. At times some sort of skeleton monster would wonder in here and she would take care of it. She was cleaning her blade from the dirt and dust with a piece of cloth that she found. She gave me a death glare before she answer. 

"I was once called King Arthur, this sword is Excalibur." She bluntly stated to him. "Interesting. But you can't be called Arthur in your, current state." I said as I eye her body. "You can call me Artoria Pendragon." She respond to me, turning around to look at me.

"Artoria." I said, she give a little blush and look away. "What a lovely name. My name is Y/n Blood. The last surviving member of the Blood Family." I respond to her. She then look back at me. "The last member?" She question her hearing.

"The very last. I have no siblings and my parents die a long while ago. I am all alone in this big wide world all thanks to the Mage Association. At the moment you are the only one servant the serve my family after my family was force to be in exile. For the past 100 years in shame we lived as we try to show them that we can still have magical circuits. But they never listen."

"Years of shame?" She question. "Of course, a knight like you will question shame. Well, my family couldn't produce mages after my great grandfather, the association declare after my birth, that we are nothing no more to them since they can't find any mage circuits on me." 

"Then how do you......." "A late bloom. Meaning that instead of showing magic at birth, I show it later in life near my teens. Now look at me, 17 year old and I am more powerful than anyone of my family since my great grandfather."

"I see now." Artoria whisper to herself as she stare at her blade. "You have been forced into a role that you don't enjoy well." "That is the point. I am push to this point, traveling across time itself and entering against places in time that I should never see or belong in. Like you. You don't belong here, but resting in the throne of heroes till the next time you are called upon."

She look towards the entrance as an explosion happen. "I would like to rest, but I can never do that. All I ever do, is battle. Kill and Kill more and more, till there is none to kill." She said before raising her sword. Soon I saw Gudako with Mashu and Olga. But there was another person there as well. A man with blue hair and a large walking stick in a light blue coat.

"Senpai!" Mashu scream when she saw me. She was about to run towards me, but Artoria step forth. "Saber!" the man said in anger. "Artoria, stand down." I command, she lower her weapon and I limp towards Mashu.

"Mashu." I said as she jump to hug me. "Senpai! You are safe!" She said as she squeeze me, I wince in pain since she was crushing my bones. "Sorry. But what happen to you?" She ask with concern, letting me go to see my wounds.

"When I woke up, I was hurt. Then Artoria here came to me, I was force to use magic to make a contract with her to save me. I been waiting here to get better before coming to find you." I respond. "But the holy grail is here?" The man said to me as he was still confused. "What?"

"It's true, Blood." Olga said, with a little venom in her voice. "Oh, director. I didn't see you there. Apologize to you, Animusphere." I respond. "Oh I am going to ......" Artoria step forth and raise her sword a little. She yelp because of it.