Part 15: The Familiar and a Chicken

Y/N POV:

"Wait, so you are telling me I can go into the familiar forest without the devil's help?" I asked the system while I was laying on the couch doing fuck all other than playing Elden ring.

"Well yea, what are they going to do? Will a certain tomato head throw a hissy fit over a human going there without their help, haha if they only knew the amount of stuff you could do," The system said, and I even thought I heard it cackle.

"Right, how do I even get there then?" I asked, hoping it was something simple as just teleporting to the place without having to do a quest.

"Oh, it's quite simple, all you have to do is a special quest, then boom you can teleport there at will,"

"Fucking damn it, what do I have to do then," I muttered as I sat up on the couch, shutting off the tv before stretching.

"Well, jump into the dungeon, and I'll make it pop up for you,"

As I heard that, I swiftly changed into a new pair of clothes consisting of a pair of combat pants, and a white t-shirt with a green tactical jacket, military kneepads, military shoulder pads and military gloves before jumping into the dungeon. (an: honestly don't expect good fashion as I'm shit at it so, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

"So, what do I need to do now?" I asked before suddenly I got a new quest in front of me which made my only sigh while my shoulders slumped in irritation.

"What you don't like it? I thought gamers like you loved fetch quests nowadays,"

                                                                     "New Quest"

The system wants you to find ten stones which is the shape of a dragon. They are scattered all over the dungeon and are protected. You will have to find these stones on your own. You will not get any markers to show the location except a hint to each one.

Objective: 0/10 Dragon Stones

Reward: Ability to travel to the familiar forest.

(an: for those who wanna know, it's based on the Skyrim quest stones of barenziah quest)

"Fuck me," I said with a heavy sigh as I lazily began walking, already wanting to give up on this quest. I was then was forced to spend the next thirteen hours looking in every nook and cranny for these dragon stones. I had only managed to find six so far, and the rest were impossible to find as they were very tiny and was found in some highly secretive places.

"fuck you too, mate," I said as I managed to kill another hollow attacking me while looking for these stones. I was honestly getting tired of having to look for these stones as I had almost several times given up on this quest. Yet I pushed on, not wanting to give the system the satisfaction of seeing me give up, knowing it was already enjoying my pain since it had several times already mocked me. I instead just kept on walking until I would find the last ones.

"HAHAHHA," I laughed out loud as I managed to grab my seventh dragon stone, and now I only had three more left to finish this god damn quest.

I then spent another five hours looking for the final stones while killing any hollow trying to attack me. It did prove good practice killing the hollows since it improved my swordsmen skills in combat. Then after another hour of looking I had finally spotted the final and last dragon stone.

"Good job thought you were going to give up a long time ago," The system said as I fell on the ground giggling like a lunatic while holding the stone close to my heart. "Well, seems like it made you go insane instead of breaking your spirit," The system said as I just giggled and accepted my reward before slowly standing up.