Part 10: Ah Fuck

Y/N POV:

"FUCK, FUCK, FUCK," I yelled out as I sprinted away from the giant desert worm chasing me.

I thought this would be like another day, go in the dungeon and kill a couple of desert worms, then level up, but no their mama decided to show up and proved to be way stronger than me. I did try fighting it, but it proved to no avail and just almost killed me, and I ran.

As I was running away from the angry parent, I looked behind me and managed to see it was catching up to me with two more giant worms. I quickly left the dungeon and landed on my apartment floor, then abandoned the quest, not wanting to face that again since it almost killed me.

"So you decided to leave the dungeon during a quest then abandoned it," The system wrote as I felt like it was staring at me.

"Yea.." I replied as I slowly stood up.

"That is a punishment leaving an unfinished quest in the dungeon, do you know that?" The system wrote, but this time it felt darker.

"What kinda punish-" I managed to get out before dropping down on the floor again, crying out in pain.

"Simple, you will be feeling extreme pain for the next one hour and a half. Also, none will be hearing your screams or crying," The system wrote before disappearing, leaving me in utter pain.

What felt like hours upon hours of nothing but the pain. It finally began to disappear, and I slowly stood up again but with my face filled with tears. As I looked over my body, I couldn't spot any wounds or marks from the pain, even though it felt like it was tearing my body apart.

I walked towards my bathroom and towards my sink before throwing up in it. Then after throwing up a bit more, I looked myself in the mirror and saw my face was a mess with tears running down, eyes red and feeling nothing but scared.

I quickly cleaned my face and washed my hands before moving towards my bed and falling upon it. As I stared at the ceiling, I couldn't stop remembering the unimaginable pain I was under, Never wanting to experience that again, I promised myself I would never quit a quest again. But before I knew I slowly succumbed to the darkness and fell asleep dead tired.

After waking up in the morning, I quickly took a shower then changed into my school uniform. Then I left for school after eating some quick breakfast. As I walked towards the school, I couldn't stop myself from thinking about what happened yesterday and what would happen if I abandoned another quest. Would I feel the same pain, would it be worse, or would it kill me?

Going through school was a chore mainly because I couldn't stop thinking about my questions earlier. I did manage to spot Issei again getting beaten up by girls for peeping on them, It did give me a chuckle, but I kept on moving.

As I got home again from school, I quickly changed into more fighting clothes as I liked to call them. It was a black t-shirt, a green tactical jacket, combat pants, hiking shoes, military kneepads, military shoulder pads and military gloves.

I managed to buy it from the shop since I noticed they were selling it for very cheap. Even if I already had armour, I just felt safer with this on. I jumped into the dungeon again, ready to face the monster again.

As I dropped down on the desert sand, I did a quick survey of my area and didn't notice any enemies, and I began to sprint forward scanning for that fucking worm.

It didn't take long until I finally managed to spot it, and it spotted me too as it began to rush towards me.

"New Quest"