Chapter 1: A Rough Day

Start from the beginning

"You are not paying attention in my class! I'm not in the mood for horseplay today!"

"Ma'am please! I'm sorry, m-my parents will kill me if I have a bad report!"

"Yeah come on teach! Lay off on the dude. His 210% grade is gonna get taken back down to 209%!" Isaiah mocked.
Everyone laughed again, and I could feel my face growing warm.

"Isaiah, keep your mouth shut if you don't wanna get sent to detention. As I said I'm not in the mood today, and Thomas; Since I know you're not a bad student, I'll let this slide."
I sighed in relief, Isiah snickered once more.
I glanced at Isaiah who was talking to his friend and still payed no attention towards the teacher. I tried not to mind him too much.
I sighed and hunched over my desk, I rested my chin on the palm of my hand, a wave of drowsiness washed upon me. My eyes slowly blinked, as I began to feel tired.
I glared behind me because I heard stretching noises, and it was one of the girls from the popular group, she was messing with paper and tape.
I rested my head on the desk, usually I loved paying attention, knowing what my homework was about, but today was just one of those days.
But then before I knew it, the teacher was getting someone's attention again, "Excuse me Raechel, but this isn't break. Turn off your phone right now, or I'll have it keep it till the end of class."

"Is it really that important?" A girl said in an annoyed voice.

The teacher scoffed, "I didn't wanna have to do this, but Raechel! You're failing this class terribly! I can't tell if it's because you don't wanna do the work, or if it's because you can't!"

Raechel just rolled her eyes and glared back to her phone.
My teacher clicked her tongue, she walked over to Rae and the phone was placed in her hand. "Stay with me after class."

"Damn. She's feisty today," Isaiah said as he stared at the teacher who was walking back to her desk.
Yikes..
I looked back towards Raechel, she looked angered, and then flipped off Isaiah which left me confused, he just laughed to himself.
I quickly looked forward. I glanced at the clock that above the class door. We only had a few more minutes of class, I laid my head on the desk again, just wishing for school to be over already. 
Sooner than I knew, the bell had rang, and I was gathering my things when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see who is was and it was Micheal, "Me and toast are gonna head to class, want us to wait for you?"
I looked around the room, checking my surrounding for Isaiah, I made eye contact with Micheal again, "I'm ok, get to class before the bell rings."
Their next class was history in E5, that was one of the buildings across the campus.
"Alright see you later dude." I waved bye as I grabbed my earbuds that I had left on my desk, it was only a few seconds later once I heard talking again. Curious, I looked around, then I had forgot that Raechel was staying later to talk to the teacher. I hurried and  . I began walking away and that's when my teacher grabbed my attention, "Thomas?"
I stopped in my steps regretting every single moment of coming to school today, "Y-Yes Ma'am?" I shakily spoke, "do you mind tutoring Raechel over here? She's not willing to cooperate by doing her homework, and I think since you're a nice student, and a good kid, maybe she'll listen to you."

I looked both of them up and down, and Raechel who was practically in shock said, "come on! Anyone else!"

"What's so bad about Thomas? He's a great student!"

She looked at me like she wanted to say so many things "Nothing.. But please, just..! Come on, he probably doesn't wanna do it anyway!"
I bit my tongue and tried not to get offended by her words, tension and an awkward silence filled the room, "well you have no choice Raechel. Today is the first day, I want you guys to arrange a place to meet up, and if not, I going to talk to your parents."
What?!
"Sorry ma'am, but don't I also have to agree on this?" I asked, hoping she'd just figure something out that didn't have anything to do with me.

"Well, yes, but you will do it, right? What if I give you a few homework passes?"
I looked at her like I really didn't wanna do it.
But I still gave in, "fine..!"
Raechel's head fell into her hands, she probably didn't want be tutored by me, someone who was a "loner", and had no life honestly.
It wasn't my problem though, I really didn't wanna tutor her in the first place, though I don't have the guts to tell her, but I really was just tutoring her for those homework passes. I mean, I suppose other guys would do it openly just to try and get with her, but honestly, those are not, and will not be my intentions.

"Thank you so much Thomas! And you guys should hurry to your next class."

"O-oh! I better go..!"
Right as I said that the bell chimed. I exhaled in disappointment.
Another tardy..?
"Just tell your teacher it was my fault for your tardy, and if she doesn't believe you to talk to me!"

"Ok.." I said in drained tone.
I exited the classroom, then felt a tap on my back.
"Hey, I'm Raechel and uh.. listen. I think you're a nice dude and everything, but I don't wanna be tutored.

"O-oh.." my face began to grow warm, and I could feel my heart beating faster as I realized my services were about to be rejected, "may I ask why..? I mean, all were gonna do is go to the tutoring room for about an hour each day, it's not that bad."

She looked down, "I just don't have enough time in my day for it. I could be doing better things you know?"

"I guess, but come on. It's just for this semester anyway, we'll get your grades up quick." I said trying to convince her, she stopped to think and then looked at me once more.

"My mom's the only ride I have, and she's not gonna pick me up later than our dismissal time."

"T-Then I'll go to your house! Or I could walk you home?" I sighed, I wasn't desperate for her presence, though its definitely what it seemed like.. "look, I just want those homework passes. Just give me your number and then text me your address."
I genuinely wanted to help her, only if she would let me without making me seem like some stalker-weirdo.

"Fine.." She gave in. She grabbed my phone from my pocket, "what's your password?"

"H-Hey!" I snatched my phone back from her, she rolled her eyes with a smile on her face.
I quickly put in my password and handed my phone to her.

"Why is your wallpaper anime?-"

"J-Just put your number in!" I said in a flustered tone, I could feel my cheeks fading into a hot temperature.
She laughed, "ok whatever."
-
So hey. I'm Thomas, and for a while now, my friends have been Jeremy, who we call toast, and Micheal, Micheal Reeves. They're both super smart, Micheal loves robotics, and toast is more of a strategy guy. I'm only smart educationally, but I'm mostly clumsy. The school year just started about two months ago, and boy.. it's already worst than last year. And if you wanna check out why, then read this book, and walk this adventure with me!
Hope you enjoy!