Late night

Chapter Eight:• Late night •<-Location: Cullen Home->{ POV: Yours }

Chapter Eight:
• Late night •
<-Location: Cullen Home->
{ POV: Yours }

It had been an hour, and Jacob had returned. He had warned us of a late night attack, coming from the pack who he used to call his own. It made me sad, to fight my friends. It even made me a bit worried.

Seth and Leah had also joined Jacob's side in protecting Bella, leaving the pack as well. Seth was with me at all times though, only because I enjoyed his company and trusted he'd listen to whatever I'd say in our fight.

The others and I had kept a lookout, watching and waiting for them to just show up. While the others spoke inside, I rested outside with Seth, our eyes and ears on 24/7 duty. Waiting. In slight fear and anxiousness.

The thought of hurting the people I had bonded with, broke my heart. I knew it broke Seth's too.

But, if what we were fighting against them for, was the right thing, i'd fight against them a million times.

"Y/n." I look to the side and see Edward approaching me. Edward nods to Seth who goes inside quickly, leaving us alone.

"Edward. Is everything alright? Well, with Bella, anyways?" I ask, concerned.

Edward nods his head and leans against the railings, looking out. I nod my head, tearing my attention away from him and looking out also.

"I have a question."
"Ask."
"If... If she dies, and the... the.. fetus lives, will you help Rosalie raise it? Bella would love it if you did, that is, if it's a baby."

I hum, "You chose to die with Bella, I see."

I hear a chuckle from him, "Well, will you?"

"Of course." I agree, "The baby will need me. I will help it, I will raise it to be controlled and calm." I turn and smile, "I can't help but think it'll look just like Bella if it was a baby, and not a blood sucking demon."

Edward smiles, "You know how to slightly cheer me up when I'm upset."

"I try." I shrug, "But if it isn't a baby, would you like for me to dispose of it?" I lean forward, on the edge of my seat. "I will, under your request. To keep the hatred from Bella that'll be directed towards you."

Edward swallows thickly, looking to the ground with crossed arms. "I trust you to do the right thing."

I nod, "Of course."

It had been silent for a few minutes as we watched the forest, the sound of werewolves growling only being heard but we ignored it. Edward walks inside only to come out a few minutes after.

"Y/n. You're needed."

I nod affirmatively and get up, stopping suddenly.

"What is it?" He rushes to my side, looking to where I was.

"It's Sam. I can.. I can hear him just a bit." I swallow harshly, catching eyes with Sam who had stared me down the minute I was set outside to watch. "He will kill us all, if it means to protect the people of this town. I understand but I cannot agree it is the right thing to kill an innocent person in the downfall as well."

I look to Edward who looked to me in worry before taking us both inside, Seth now walking outside with Leah to watch.

Edward leads me to Carlisle and Jacob, who were surrounded by the others and Bella.

"I was needed?"
Carlisle looks to me and smiles, "Yes, sit, please."

I nod and sit besides Bella on the couch, holding my arm out to her to hold as I stare at Carlisle with listening ears.

"I hear you and Sam are friends." Carlisle begins, making me sigh.

"Carlisle, I am not close enough to convince him to change his mind."

Carlisle smiles, "Maybe so, but with you here, he won't move in any faster towards us or Bella. Your presence can slow and intimidate their attack and you'll be able to take their attention away from us, so we're able to feed." He grabs my hand, "Will this be alright with you?"

I nod, "Of course. Say the word and I'll be on it." I grin, "It should be fun."

Carlisle smiles and the night continues on.

I sit out and stare out into the open forest, just I alone. Seth had fallen asleep sitting with me but I don't bother to wake him, he needs sleep.

Jacob and Leah are put on duty on the forest grounds, listening and waiting.

After Jacob shared a few little words with me earlier, he's made no approach towards me or has said a word. I didn't mind it but again, it did hurt my feelings a bit.

But we both have a job and we are to focus on it. We can't have Bella die. She and I are friends, he and her have history.

I hear footsteps approaching me and turn my head, meeting eyes with Jasper. I smile softly at him then look straight ahead.

"It's a pleasure for me to have you join my side this starry night, Jasper."

I hear him chuckle, "Only if it's by your side this night, Y/n."

I smile and avoid his stare, the man now joining beside me.

"So, how is your mother?"

"I believe she's doing well. I'm not particularly sure though."

He hums and nods, then it goes back to silence. I stare at the sky, slowly watching as clouds move place to place and the stars twinkle brightly.

Although there weren't many words exchanged, we knew what the other was thinking. What they were communicating.

We spoke of sweet nothings and caring harmony. But we knew it would be best for us both to not pursue what we'd like to pursue.

Maybe after this mess, we will. Or maybe we'll pursue different paths.

Who knows.

—>
—>
—>
—>
—>
—>

..,..,..,..,..

Super short but I had to let it go