Surprise?

"Here it is" Erik announced as he stopped in front of an old concrete building, stained dark grey from the wheels of time. The team turned to each other sharing confused glances. Finally, Pietro decided to speak up.

     "An old warehouse?" he raised an eyebrow crossing his arms.

     "Welcome to Hunters headquarters" Erik grinned turning towards him.

     "I don't know what's creepier the fact that he took us to an abounded warehouse or that he's smiling" Jack whispered to Kaylin.

     "Shall we take the grand tour" Erik turned back around opening up the door. Everyone silently followed him into the warehouse, their footsteps echoing through the empty building.

     "Pretty sure this is how horror movies start" Alex muttered as they looked around the building. Most of the windows were broken or completely missing, there were dark spots where heavy machinery once stood and oil stains ran along the slick floor.

     "It's um interesting..." Pietro said looking around.

     "What do you think?" Peter asked turning towards Crystal.

     "I don't know a couple of cans of spray paint and this place could look decent," Crystal said thoughtfully.

     "You know it is pretty spacey in here" Wanda added "We could put a computer over here and a large monitor"

     "We could hook up a flat screen to it and use it for Missions" Alex suggested.

     "Sure missions" Kaylin huffed in amusement "But you know we could build a loft in here and put a couple of beds up there and a weapons cabinet"

     "Oh and a fire pole like the Ghostbusters!" Peter added cheerfully. They all started talking about all the things they wanted to add and pretty soon Jack started drawing up so blueprints.

Timeskip
     Everyone was steadily at work fixing up the building. Alex and Jack had gone in a couple of days ago and put in drywall and built in a loft. The place was actually starting to look pretty nice. Kaylin stood atop the loft painting over the walls when she accidentally stepped too far to the right.

     "Heads up!" Kaylin called as she fell. Pietro darted over catching her before she hit the ground.

     "Why does this seem so familiar?" He smirked playfully.

     "Well aren't you two cute" Raven called from behind them causing the two to blush. Pietro quickly let Kaylin down and turned to Raven.

     "She fell and I just..." He mumbled, "Wait what are you doing here?"

     "Hank sent me here to teach Erik how to use the new computer program," She groaned.

     "Why couldn't he come?" He asked.

     "He's going over some case files for the X-men" She sighed "This is such a drag"

     "You sound like Peter" He laughed "Come on I think he was working on the plumbing," He said leading the way. As they left Alex walked in carrying his toolbox.

     "Hey Havoc I thought you were putting a railing up there," Kaylin asked walking over to him.

     "I was until someone took my drill," he pointed over his shoulder at Wanda who was using a stack of boxes as a table for her blueprints.

     "Do we really need this many bookshelves?" Jack asked dragging another box in.

     "I thought we could turn this corner into a small library," Wanda told him pointing at the corner of the blueprint.

     "So basically your room" he playfully teased.

     "Oh this room is going to hold even more" she replied excitedly. Across the building, Crystal was working on the wooden chairs for the kitchen.

     "Whatcha doing?" Peter asked leaning over her shoulder.

     "I'm staining the wood," She said spreading on another coat.

     "Cool," he said looking over her handy work.

     "Don't touch that" she warned not looking up.

     "I wasn't" Peter protested crossing his arms as he flopped down in the chair behind him "Uh, you didn't do that to all the chairs did you?"

     "Seriously?" she groaned looking up.

     "I think I'm stuck" Meanwhile Kurt and Alex were working on the loft. Kurt painted while Alex worked on the railing.

     "What are you painting?" Alex asked measuring out the length.

     "Jack sectioned off this area for the beds so I'm painting the walls," Kurt said going back to his painting.

     "I mean what are those?" Alex narrowed his eyes at the yellow blurs on the wall.

     "Ducks" Kurt replied cheerfully "Aren't they cute?"

     "Dude seriously" Alex scolded crossing his arms.

     "I think they brighten this place up," Kurt said going back to his painting.

     "Well keep them on your side," Alex sighed.

Meanwhile
     Pietro Raven and Erik stood in the backyard where a whole chuck of earth had been ripped away and scattered pipes littered the ground.

     "It was just one little leak," Pietro said still in shock.