How to deal with a rabid dog (part 2)

"Locked" Pietro groaned slamming his fist against the door.

     "If only I could use my powers," Erik said thoughtfully.

     "Move," Jack said walking over to the door. He slammed his shoulder as hard as he could against the door until it busted open.

     "I guess that works too," Erik said walking through the door. Jack walked ahead on the opposite side of the hallway putting as much room between him and Erik as he could. About five minutes later they reached two staircases leading in opposite directions.

     "Peter and I will go up this one," Erik said walking over to the staircase on the left.

     "Okay I'll go with Kaylin and Jack" Pietro added.

Timeskip
     As they walked down the hall a flash of red caught Pietro's eye.

     "I see something" He bent down and picked it up. It was Wanda's scarf, Pietro held it tightly to his chest.

     "Hey" Kaylin walked over to him gently putting a hand on his shoulder "It's okay we'll get her I promise"

      "Yeah thanks," Pietro said standing back up "Let's hurry up" After a while they finally reached a large door. Pietro kicked the door open.

     "Tell me where she is or I'll kill you" Pietro growled.

     "Oh I've been waiting for you" Lizzy smiled sitting in a swivel chair "By the way that was unlocked"

     "I won't ask again" Pietro snapped taking a step forward.

     "Oh please you're a hero you're not supposed to kill" she smirked, "You're all talk-"

     "I'm a vigilante" Jack cut her off, holding a danger up to her throat "We don't play by the same rules"

     "Plan B" she pushed down a small button on her watch. The room was suddenly swarming with henchmen while across the room the other door swung open and Erik ran into the room.

     "You're not going to start without us" Peter called running into the room.

     "Why not, you all can die together" Lizzy laughed right before Jack knocked her to the ground.

     "Pietro the freezer" Peter pointed over to the freezer door. Kaylin pulled a metal pipe off the wall and slammed it against one of the henchmen.

      "I got her" Pietro darted over to the freezer, opened the door, and ran in. Lizzy slowly picked herself up off the ground.

     "Not so fast" she growled pressing another button. Two giant metal doors came out of the wall, starting to close in front of the freezer "Lockdown doors, once they close they won't reopen" she smirked. Erik and Jack grabbed a hold of each door pushing as hard as they could to keep it open.

      "Hurry up" Jack grunted. Pietro grabbed his sister and ran back out just as the two lost their grip and the doors slammed shut.

      "Come on sis," Pietro said checking for a pulse. He finally let out a sigh of relief when he found it.

     "We need to get her somewhere warm," Jack said taking off his jacket and laying it on top of her. Suddenly more henchmen busted in.

     "Ugh, we don't have time for this," Pietro said tightening his grip on Wanda.

      "Go ahead I got this" Kaylin nodded towards the door. He looked at her hesitantly.

     "Be careful" He said before darting out the door. Erik and Peter followed closely behind him.

Time skip
     Everyone sat around the bed nervously waiting for Wanda to wake up.

     "Hey," She said sleepily as she opened her eyes.

     "Thank goodness" Pietro let out a sigh of relief.

     "Don't scare me like that" Erik said pulling her into a hug.

     "I'm sorry," Wanda apologized once Erik finally let go.

     "Yeah, you're supposed to be the one getting us out of trouble" Peter laughed giving her a hug. Pietro walked over to the bed obviously wanting to talk to her alone.

     "Come on Peter," Erik said pulling him out of the room.

     "Hey sis, how you feeling," Pietro asked sitting at the end of her bed.

     "A little bit warm a little bit tired a little bit country" She smiled tiredly.

"I'm sorry," Pietro said looking at the ground "This is all my fault"

"No, it's not, Lizzy's just a very messed up person" Wanda pushed herself up to a sitting position "If it wasn't for you I'd be an ice sickle"

"Thanks" Pietro smiled giving her a hug "I love you"

     "I love you too" she smiled. Jack stood in the doorway quietly "You mind giving us a minute" Wanda whispered to Pietro. He nodded giving her one last hug "Hey come on over here" she scooted over making room for him. Jack sat on the edge of the bed carefully looking her over for any kind of injuries.

     "I thought I lost you," he spoke softly pulling her in a hug tears rolling down his eyes.

     "You're going to have to do better than that to get rid of me" she smiled hugging him back.

     "I'm just so glad you're okay," he said giving her a kiss on the forehead.

     "I like the suit" she smiled taking a good look at him. "Funny, I was so worried because you don't have powers and you ended up saving me."

     "I didn't really do anything," he said looking at the ground " I just wanted to make sure you were safe" he smiled looking back up at her.

Extended Ending
     "Text Kaylin and make sure she got out safe," Pietro said walking in the kitchen.

     "You could always text her yourself," Peter said looking up "You're going to have to apologize eventually"

     "What on Earth is wrong with that kid?" Erik asked walking over to the kitchen table.

     "Jack?" Pietro asked looking over at his father.

     "I think he's hiding something he acts so nervous," Erik said "Every time I got near him he flinched"

     "You really don't know do you?" Pietro's face softened "It was ten years ago..."