Another world

This chapter crosses over into our broken justice

     The team stood outside in the middle of a small field surrounded by a few trees. Hank crouched over a machine while everyone else was gathered in a circle as Erik gave out instructions.

     "Okay Wanda you're in charge until I get back," Erik said placing a hand on the redhead's shoulder.

     "I still don't see why I can't come?" Peter pouted crossing his arms.

     "We don't know too much about this other Earth so I only want to take a small team" Erik explained "Don't worry you'll get to go next time"

     "Would you mind hurrying up already" Hank groaned impatiently "It takes a lot of energy to create these portals" he said pointing to the machine.

     "Hold your horses we're almost ready," Erik said turning to Pietro and Kaylin "Got every?" they quickly nodded "Good we're ready to go"

     "About time," Hank said opening the portal "This should take you to her world"

     "Should?" Kaylin asked raising an eyebrow.

     "There is a one out of three chance you may end up in a dead world" Hank replied casually.

     "Sounds good to me," Pietro said before jumping into the portal. Kaylin shrugged before jumping through after him.

     "You're supposed to let the leader go first" Erik rolled his eyes following them.

On the other side
      "Everything looks about the same" Pietro commented as he took a quick glance around.

     "It might be a good idea to test your powers and make sure they work here" Kaylin suggested.

     "Yeah better to find out now than in an emergency" Erik nodded. Pietro quickly dashed from one side of the other "Now to find Lorna, I think she said something about the Flash and Justice League" Erik said trying to remember their conversation "They're supposed to be like the Avengers"

     "But she wasn't a part of them last time and she just found out she had powers so she may not be part of that team" Kaitlyn pointed out.

     "I could just run around looking for her" Pietro jumped in.

     "It's probably best if we don't draw attention to ourselves" Erik instructed them"

     "Fine," Pietro said crossing his arms but my way would have been much faster. They walked out of the clearing towards the city.

     "Just thought of something," Kaylin said turning to the others "What if we come across our doppelgangers?"

     "I've already met mine," Erik said "?You two should probably be careful we don't know how they will react and-" Erik was interrupted as a yellow blur darted across the street.

    "At least we know there's other speedsters," Kaylin said turning to the empty spot where Pietro was supposed to be "You have got to be kidding me" Down the street, Pietro was chasing after the blur. It darted down the alley before turning around and coming to a stop. It was a red-headed guy in a yellow suit.

     "Pietro, what are you doing here?" The guy asked "Where is your suit and where is Lorna for that matter"

     "What are you talking about?" A voice similar to Pietro's asked over his headset.

     "Wally Pietro's right here with me" a girl's voice jumped in.

     "Who are you?" Wally asked narrowing his eyes.