life line

Pietro walked out of the grocery store carrying a couple of bags of food. 'This should last me a few days' he thought trying to ignore the pain spreading through his chest.

     "I really should stop by the house" He muttered to himself searching through his coat pocket for his keys. An overwhelming flash of pain surged through his chest causing him to drop his bags as he gasped clenching his chest in pain "Too late"

     "Pietro?!" He turned to see Kaylin running toward him. He barely registered as he fell backwards on the cold cement.

     "K bear?" His eyes tried to focus on the blur hovering above him.

      "You idiot" Panic filled her eyes as she pulled him closer to her, placing his head in her lap as she scrambled for her phone.

     "Ka-?" He felt so dizzy, blood started to trickle down his lower lip.

     "It's okay" she quickly dialed a phone number "Come on come on" she muttered anxiously as the phone rang.

     "Hello," A familiar voice answered.

    "Hank" Her voice dripped with fear "I need you to come downtown in front of Stan's grocery store, Pietro is in bad shape"

    "On my way," he said before hanging up the phone.

    "You're going to be fine" Kaylin took her hoodie off and used it to clean up the blood.

    "I'm sorry..." Pietro couldn't keep his eyes open anymore. He let the darkness slowly engulf him.

Timeskip
     Erik nervously paced back and forth in front of the phone. He hadn't heard a word from Pietro in three days. Suddenly the phone started to ring.

    "Hello, who is this?" He asked. The person on the other end remained silent for several minutes.

     "Erik it's Pietro" Erik felt his heart stop "He's okay but he really strained his heart he passed out in front of a store and nearly died, probably would have if Kaylin hadn't spotted him"

    "I'll be right there"

Timeskip
     The door to the medical room busted open as a very panicked Erik rushed in.

     "How is he?" Erik asked walking into the room.

    "Fine he should wake up soon" Hank gave Erik a reassuring smile.

    "Thank you" Erik let out a sigh of relief as he walked over to his son who was still unconscious. Kaylin sat beside the bed watching worriedly over Pietro.

    "Umm," Pietro blinked his eyes a couple of times getting used to the light "What happened?"

     "You passed out son," Erik said laying a hand on his shoulder "I'm so sorry I should have never told you to leave"

     "No, it's my fault," Pietro said sitting up "I didn't even try to see things from your perspective"

     "That's because I was wrong" he sighed "It just... I'm so tired of the three of you always being in danger but I now realize it's just part of being a hero"

     "I know Dad and I forgive you," he said hugging Erik. Erik suddenly remembered he was supposed to pick Wanda and Bear up from the dog park.

     "I need to call your sister she's probably going to kill me" he laughed "I love you, son"

     "I love you too Dad" Pietro smiled. After Erik left Pietro turned to Kaylin "Looks like I owe you one"

     "You owe me a new hoodie you idiot" she smiled.

     "Deal" He smiled "I also owe you an apology I've been acting like a real jerk"

    "You got that right" she laughed sitting at the foot of his bed "So you finally ready to talk?"

     "Yeah," Pietro leaned up against his pillow, "I think I am" He started to tell her everything from working with the Avengers to how he really met his father to falling down in front of the mansion.