Mission Mayhem

The team was grateful for an easy mission, all they had to do was find a couple of files in an abandoned warehouse. It had also been an unusually quiet mission since Peter had agreed to help on a special X-men mission.

     "You sure, you're feeling up to this?" Pietro asked his younger sister "I mean you did almost freeze to death" This was the first Mission since Wanda had been kidnapped and everyone was keeping a careful eye on her.

     "For the last time yes that was two weeks ago" Wanda rolled her eyes.

Meanwhile across the building
     Erik carefully led his team around down the hallway.

     "Hello, Mr.Lehnsherr" a voice echoed through the hallway stopping him in his tracks.

     "Where are you?" Erik turned around trying to find the source of the voice "Show yourself!"

     "Now why would I want to do that?" It asked smugly.

     "Who are you and what do you want?" Erik asked losing his patience.

     "So many questions and you aren't even asking the most important one" the person let out a bone-chilling laugh.

     "What are you talking about?" Erik said raising an eyebrow.

     "I just designated a bomb in the old CEO's office you have six minutes" Erik felt his blood run cold "So the real question is how many will make it out before the bomb goes off?"

On the other side of the building
     Pietro looked over to see Kaylin going through a box of old files.

     "Oh for goodness sake go talk to her" Wanda smiled giving him a playful push.

     "Fine" Pietro sighed walking over to Kaylin "Hey"

     "Hey," She said looking up in surprise.

     "I just wanted to say thank you for helping save my sister," he said rubbing the back of his neck.

     "You don't have to thank me" she smiled. Pietro was about to reply when Erik started talking over the headset.

     "Pietro this place is about to blow you need to get your team out now" Erik called over the headset.

     "What about everyone else?" Pietro felt his bones start to chill.

     "There's only five minutes left even with super speed you can't get everyone out" Erik warned.

     "Where is the bomb?" Pietro asked taking a deep breath.

     "The old CEO room but there's no time, get your team-" Pietro turned his headset cutting Erik off.

     "Can you diffuse a bomb?" He asked turning to Kaylin.

     "Yeah," he picked her up and zoomed her to the bomb. He quickly sat her down in front of it.

     "Wow this is a lot more complicated than the ones I'm used to," she said getting to work.

     "Can you stop it?" Pietro asked leaning over her shoulders.

     "I think I got it" As soon as she finished a loud alarm rang out.

     "Congratulations" A voice called out "you managed to defuse my bomb, sadly I can not let you leave" The doors busted open and two large henchmen walked firing their guns.

     "Kaylin!" Pietro knocked her down as the bullets barely missed them "Are you okay K bear?"

     "Yeah," she said a little shaken up. He quickly rolled off of her and got back off. They made quick work of the henchman.

     "Guess I better contact the team," he said turning his headset back on. "Hey anyone there?"

     "Hey, where are you guys?!" Wanda asked worriedly.

     "Just ran into a bit of trouble" he answered back "Where are you?"

      "At the ship, everyone got out safe" Pietro let out a sigh of relief "Dad's pissed though"

     "We'll be out there in a flash," he said turning to Kaylin "Ready to go?"

     "Yes let's get the heck out of here" She smiled.

Extended Ending
     "And once again I have single-handedly saved the day," Peter said taking a bow as he walked off the ship.

     "I swear I'm going to punch that guy" Scott whispered to Jean.

     "Oh let him have his fun" Jean laughed.

     "Gather around and let me tell you the story of how I just saved every last one of the X-men," Peter announced to the younger kids.