11. Forgotten (part 2)

When she comes back into the room, all dressed up and ready to go, with the keys in her hands, his palms start to sweat.

He can't back out now.

He would do anything for her. He would show her or tell her anything from his past, but this, this is too much. He doesn't want to take the risks of losing her. He knows that she isn't the one to judge based on what people looked like or how they acted. It was on the inside to her, that's what mattered.

And he loves that about her. Everything about her.

"Come on! Let's go! Let's go!" She basically drags him out of the house, his own protests kept in his head. He didn't want to back out and disappoint her. He's done that enough.

When they are in the car she doesn't even hand him the keys, she puts them in herself and when the car cranks alive she squeals and pats the steering wheel.

"Drive! Drive! Drive!" She was beyond ecstatic. She always hears stories from his past and what he's been through, but has never seen them and

experienced them like she would have liked to earlier.

Harry on the other hand, has to keep wiping his palms on his joggers to keep the access sweat off of his palms. He looks around nervously as he starts driving.

Y/N notices this and carefully looks at him from his side profile.

"Hey." She places a hand on his cheek, to which he leans in to, appreciatively. "You okay?"

He nods and kisses her palm. She gently caresses a certain spot and then pulls away.

"Just a little nervous, baby." His

fingers drum on the wheel, in hopes to keep his mind off of anything negative that can happen.

She nods in understanding and quickly places her hand over his shaky one. "We can turn around if you-

"No." He interrupts. "No, I've already disappointed you enough. It's okay, I'm all right."

He says that out loud to maybe try and calm his nerves. But does it work? No.

"Harry, it's okay. I don't want to push you into something you don't want. Here, there should be an empty driveway up here, just turn around and we'll go back home."

He chuckles. "That empty driveway your talking about is my old driveway."

Her eyes widen. "W-What?"

He turns towards her and smiles slightly. "It's okay. I'll be okay." He winks at her reassuringly and a tint plays on her cheeks the slightest. Harry thought it was so cute when she

does that.

When he pulled into the driveway it was dark. Very much darker than the actual night. He blows out a breath and before Y/N can jump out of the car he grabs her hand, tears in his

eyes.

"Y/N. You have to listen to me. If-If he's in here, you can't pay attention to him. Don't listen to a fucking word he says. And if-if he tries to lay a fucking hand on you, I swear to God I don't know if you'll ever see me again. I'll be locked up in

prison."

She gulps at the last few sentences he spoke. She doesn't doubt him, he's done it before and he won't hesitate to do it again. He'll do anything for her. That's a good thing and a bad thing.

He can go too far.

"Harry, I'm scared, now. Let's go back." She looks behind her.

"Oh love, I didn't mean to make you scared. Don't be scared. I'm right here." He brushes a few pieces a hair out of her vision and tucks them behind her ear.