A- Twenty three

When the storm come and the temperature drop, my body increases its temperature.

"Baby it's still 39.3, what should i do?" Bulong ni Kyros sa akin balot na ako ng kumot pero nilalamig parin ako.

"Just keep distance. Baka mahawa ka pa." Napasinghap sya.

"Come on. I been with you the whole night to heat you up. E'di sana ay may lagnat na rin ako." Ngumiti ako sa kanya sa kanyang iritasyon.

Umupo sya sa tabi ng kama, inabot ko ang kamay nya. Naka hapak lang sya na damit dahil alam kong naiinitan sya sa temperatura ng kwarto. But I still don't know why I'm cold.

Ang kabilang kamay nya ay may hawak na cellphone.

"Hello, this is Kyros Albion... Yes, I'm the son of the General... Can I request for a doctor?... well my girlfriend is sick, she has a high fever!.. now! Immediately!!" Napalingon ako sa kanya. What did he just say?

"Building 3, Barracks of the high ranks... 5th floor, Major General Albion. Barracks 10... as early as possible please." Napapikit ako dahil sa lamig na nararamdaman.

"Nomi. Don't worry I'm fine."

"Fine? You are shaking to death, Baby. How can you say that you are fine?"

"It's my anemia and CAD."

"Are you like this every winter?" Tumango ako.

"Kaya lagi akong nag fifile ng leave tuwing winter. Madalas ako sa ospital tuwing winter, bumabagsak ang oxygen ko due to anemia and I'm not allowed on too much cold cause of my CAD" Napapikit si Kyros at napailing.

"Bakit 'di ka nag file ng leave ngayon?" Umiling ako.

"I want to be with you." Napatitig sya sa akin.

"I want to try my cold tolerance, if i can be with you every winter. I can't just hide at home when the snow fall. We are both soldiers." Saad ko. And the fact na bigla i sulong nila ang engagement namin ni River. Ayoko mag sayang ng oras na makasama sya.

"But still, you—"

"I don't want to miss you. I just want to be with you all the time. 3 months at home is too long, Nomi." Saad ko. I hate the fact that I'm too dependent to him. But I can't help it. I'm fine as long i see him, pero ang hindi, hindi ko kaya. Masyadong malungkot.

"You can just told me. I can visit often to your house." Umiling ako.

"That's too far and time consuming. Kung nandito ako every weekdays, you can be with Klare every week ends. I can't just to be your priority when you have Klare, Nomi." Napabuga ako ng mainit na hangin dahil sa lamig. Lumapit sya at pinagdikit ang noo namin.

"That's one of the reason why i fall in love to you over and over. You are too considerate."

"She came first before i came to your life, Klare will always become the love that stays, Nomi." Tumango sya.

"And you are the love that i want forever. Thank you for accepting Klare." Ngumiti ako sa sinabi nya. That's Kyros child after all.

Ilang ulit nyang hinalikan sa noo. Ilang minuto ay may nag doorbell sa unit nya kaya lumabas ng kwarto si Kyros. It must be the doctor.

Chineck ako ng doctor only to find out that my oxygen is dropping. Mataas ang lagnat ko. Kinuhanan nila ako ng dugo. And they request for oxygen too.

"May i know your doctor?"

"Hugo Ramirez. He is from district 4 Renaldi Medical. I know you will think that there is something wrong with my hypothalamus, but my organ is okay, i been test in the research facilities of Renaldi 2 years ago. They been monitoring me for 2 more winter season. I have a rare condition called Cold Agglutinin Disease. You can contact my doctor about my condition and my medication." Napahinga ako ng malalim.