"You know we went to Rio Grande Middle School together," I spat. He squints at me.

"I'm sorry but I don't remember you," he replies. My friends and the boys start to laugh.

"What's your name?" He asks," Maybe your name will give me a clue of who you are."

"Paris," I mumble.

"Sorry, I didn't catch that." I roll my eyes.

"Paris," I say louder. His eyes widen. Now he remembered me.

"Oh, Paris....hi," he says awkwardly," Sorry, I didn't recognize you earlier."

"Don't worry about." I grit my teeth and look at my food. This was the worst day of my life.

-----------------------

"He had no idea who I was, it was embarrassing," I explain. I was at home talking to one of my close friends, Keeley.

"I'm sorry bae, he probably feels pretty bad about it." Keeley and I go back all the way to 7th grade. I sat with her and Rose on the bus, until she moved buses. You are also wondering why I called her bae. We aren't dating, we are just really close. It probably sounds weird to some people, considering she is gay, but we aren't dating. Also I'm straight.

"He better feel bad, and he better apologize about it also."

"Well, I have to go. Ashlynn and I are going out tonight. See you tomorrow."

"Bye, bae." I end the call. Ashlynn is Keeley's girlfriend. They have been dating since 8th grade. Like any other couple, they have had their up and downs, but always stuck together. Ashlynn used to be jealous of me because Keeley and I were so close, and I think she felt threatened by me. She soon realized that I wasn't a threat. It was sad to see them spilt up after 8th grade. They didn't break up, but Ashlynn went to some Christian school somewhere in town. I think for not seeing each at school everyday, they have stuck together well. Suddenly I receive a text from John.

"What does he want," I mumble.
I read the text. It said:
Hey Paris, my friends and I are going to hang out at the diner. U can come, Summer is coming also.

I reply with a simply, Ok I will be there. I grab my stuff and drive to the diner.

-------------------------

I arrived at the diner in 10 minutes flat. I look around for my friends. I notice the boys and Summer waving at me. I start to walking towards them. As I walk I notice a couple teen boys whistling at me. I ignore them. This diner was our hangout, to be more exact, Freedom's hangout. Also a lot of the boys did that to me. They whistle at me like I'm a dog. It isn't swooning at all. I guess I like the old fashioned way. Boys were gentlemen and devoted themselves to their significant other. In return, the girls would care for them and never be untrue. Nowadays, boys treat us like dirt, and that doesn't swoon me at all. That's probabaly a reason why I don't have a boyfriend. No one attracts me. I reach the booth my friends were sitting at. We always sit at this booth, we even wrote our names on it. So whenever someone sits here, we just tell them out name is on it, so that they leave.

"Hey guys," I say.

"Hey," they all reply.

"So you boys ready for football?," Asks Summer.

"Yeah, we are going to win championships," announces Bryce.

"Calm yo pig face," I tell him," First you need to reach playoffs."

"That will be easy," boasts Blake," Now that we have Kobe on our team, we will be unstoppable."

"Will you be able to beat New Land High School?" I ask," They our Freedom's rivals."

"Yeah, they will be easy," replies Jake. I look at Summer and start laughing.

"You goons haven't beat New Land yet," Summer and I both say.

"Well we will this year," announces Toby."

"All thanks to Kobe!" Yells Carson. The boys chant Kobe's name like he is some kind of savior. I raise an eyebrow at Summer. The whole diner joins in on the chanting. I notice John looking around confused.

"Hey guys, where is Kobe?" Asks John. The boys stop chanting and look around.

"I thought he was here," says Jack. Just then Kobe walks through the doors of the 50s themed diner. The boys started to wave at him. He immediately noticed them and walked over to our booth. He sat down next to John.

"Hey guys," he says.

"Hey," we reply. I look down at my lap, not wanting to look Kobe in the eye.

"So do guys want to go rollerskating after this?" Asks Summer.

"Sure," we reply.

We finish our dinner and drive to Rollerama. We get a skates and hit the rink. I'm a pretty good at skating, but Summer is not. I don't know why she gave us the idea, but I think she has something up her sleeve and I'm going to figure it out. I skate over to Summer, who was sitting on the benches.

"Umm, what is the real reason we are rollerskating?" I ask Summer. She looks at me with a guilty face.

"Well I was hoping Jack would teach me to skate..."she replies. Summer has liked Jack since they were in preschool. Summer moved to Rio Grande Elementary School in 2nd grade and they didn't see each other until Summer joined Liberty cheer in 8th grade and Jack was part of the football team with Kobe, Blake, John, and Bryce. Jack has brown skater boy hair much like John and Toby, except John has black hair and Toby has blonde hair. It was no secret to me that Summer wanted to date Jack but I knew that he friend zoned her a while ago.

"Ok, well do you want me to fetch Jack?"

"Yeah sure..." she replies. I skate over to Jack who was skating in sync with Kobe.

"Hey Jack, Summer wants you to help her skate, since you are so good at it," I inform Jack.

"Ok, I will go to her right away," replies Jack. He skates away and leaves me alone with Kobe. I look at him and purse my lips.

Your not still mad, are you?"he asks.

"Mad about what? Only that you forgot who I was, but remembered everyone else?" I tell him," I mean how did you forget me and not forget Kailah? You guys didn't even talk!" Now I was getting frustrated. Kobe was looking at me with a weird look on his face.

"Are you just going to walk away? Don't worry you aren't the first...." I mumble.

"Look, Paris, I didn't mean it offensively," he tries to explain.

"Well it did offend me. You know what, never mind. I was invisible to you, and it has been 3 years. I would probably forget someone so insignificant as myself." I skate faster than him, but he catches up. I start to tear up. He gets in front of me and stops me. Kobe pushes me against the wall of the rink.

"Want to know why I didn't recognize you?" Kobe asks. I roll my eyes.

"Enlighten me," I reply sarcastically.

"I didn't recognize you because you looked much prettier than you did in 8th grade. I mean you went through puberty well." I stare at him and smile. I didn't know he could be that nice. Maybe I was wrong about him being a jerk.