Chapter 18

Chapter Eighteen 

Fall 

My head was thumping in pain as I sat up.

Oh my gosh, what time is it?

When I looked around my room, I noticed that my windows were completely obscured by large drapes. I took out my phone and looked at the time on the screen.

6:10 AM.

Alright. I got up to get ready to go to school.

It's been a few days since we went to Mauve Gardens. And I am now feeling extremely awkward towards Tomioka Giyu.

I mean, we still converse in the same way we always do, but I can't help but turn away whenever he looks at me or feel nervous while he is near.

When I got down there, Marianne was staring at me strangely. She smiled at me, and I simply returned the gesture. To be honest, her smile now looks a little odd.

"Good morning, missus, how is your day?" She asked. I just looked at her questioningly, I mean my day haven't started yet...

"I-It will be fine, I guess?" I said walking towards the kitchen now. "Can you hand me a few paracetamols, please... I think I am having a headache." I said. She smiled at me and nodded then walk away.

I went to school after finishing my morning routines. This time, I took the car because I was quite sleepy and fatigued.

When I arrived, I just slammed back to my seat and tried to sleep again.

Someone gently tapped the inside of my elbow after what felt like only a few seconds.

"Our teacher is coming," Said Mitsuri, she then smiled at me weirdly. "Wake up, love..." She said.

"Oh, thanks, Mitsuri." I said as I yawned and stretched my hands.

I was completely unaware that I had been sleeping for thirty minutes. I sipped water and simply listened to the lectures given by the teacher. My thoughts are whirling around in my head, and I'm not understanding anything that's being said.

When the lunch break came around, I just tried to sleep for another hour or so. I didn't feel hungry at all.

"Wake up, you are going to eat." I heard Giyu said, as he sat at Mitsuri's seat. "You are a future doctor but you don't know how to take care of yourself." He said as he placed his food at the table and unboxed his lunch box.

Whatever he said, I simply disregarded it and tried to drift back to sleep. My head is throbbing so hard right now.

"Did you drink your medicines?" He asked. I just nodded even though I haven't, this lunch.

"Not a good liar." He whispered as he got my bag, "May I?" He asked. I just nodded, not knowing what to respond. I have no idea what he will do to my bag. He then opened it, scanned the bag, looking for something. "Where is your medicine?" He asked.

I mumbled random words, before I got up and tried to find my medicine when Giyu caught my hand, "Just tell me where, you are too tired." He said.

"In my lunchbox." I said.

He then got my lunchbox and he found my medicine. He grabbed my water jug and handed it to me. "Drink." He said.

"Alright, doctor." I teased as I grabbed my medicine and drank some water. "I want to sleep."

"Eat." He said. I wanted to complain but he looks so serious.

"Alright, mom." I cracked a joke once more. I can sense him sighing and rolling his eyes at me.