Chapter 4

Chapter Four

Congratulations

I searched the area in search of Tomioka, eager to personally congratulate him. However, he was nowhere to be seen.

I looked under his name, in there is a paragraph or a sentence in small text containing the reason as to why he is running to become a Hashira.

'Willing to be in service for the students, the professors, and the institution.'

Wow, pretty simple. It's really like him.

Others penned a paragraph or two, but it was only a single sentence for him. Talks so much about his personality.

But that simple sentence speaks volumes. I guess this is why he was always elected as a Hashira.

I walked away from the crowd and to the room. There I saw Tomioka writing something in a pad paper.

"Hello," I greeted.

He shot his head up, looking really surprised.

"Why are you always tensed when I am around? Are you alright?"

"Uh, uhm, no- I mean, yes. I'm fine." He said.

"Okay, what are you writing?" I curiously peeked at the paper. He instantly covered it with his hands. "Okay, okay, okay, calm down." I said giggling. "I'm here to say congratulations." I smiled at him.

"For what?"

"For passing the Hashira qualifications."

"Oh, that? Uh, it happens every year, but thanks." He said. I playfully rolled my eyes at him. "Uhm... How about you?" He asked.

My left brow shot up at his question. Now he is interested of me? Haha! Kidding.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?" I said it while attempting to suppress my grin.

"Oh, that's cool. I was expecting you won't." He said it in a rude manner. I burst into a hysterical chuckle while covering my mouth, drawing the attention of our classmates. I apologized to them with a lovely smile.

"You're funny, Tomioka-san."

"You're treating me as a joke, Kocho." He said.

"I'm not. I just like talking to you." After saying that, he raised his head and looked at me. His cheeks have a slight flush to them.

"Shut up." He said. I giggled again.

"Make me." I challenged him. Wiggling my brows up and down.

"What the heck?" I heard his whisper.

"I'm kidding. I'm kidding. Okie, I won't bother you now." I said.

"Everyone, here are the sheets for the voting. Again, please scan through the papers of the applicants, in order for us to be acquainted with the people who are worthy to become leaders of this school." Mitsuri announced in front, together with Rengoku who was holding a pile of papers. "You only get to vote one person, okay?" She reminded us.

They then started handing us out papers. I stared at my sheet for so long.

Who should I vote? Hmm.

Gyomei-san seems to be a really responsible leader, he is like my sister. Rengoku seems to be really passionate in leading and communicating with fellow classmates and schoolmates. Mitsuri is really kind and understanding.

I smiled as I wrote the name of who I want to vote as a Hashira. Well, this is quite unexpected but...

I've made up my mind,