Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

Crushes

I looked up to him since he is way taller than me. Well, I'm probably the shortest here.

He ignored my glares as he studied the reports on the table in front of him. A lump appeared in his throat, and he gulped it down quickly. He then looked at me and was about to say something when Tengen tapped my shoulder.

"Someone wants to ask if Kanae's at your house, Shinobu." Tengen-san said trying so hard to stifle his grin.

"Oh, around weekends, yeah." I said.

"Sanemi, you heard that?" Tengen-san then said. I looked at Sanemi and saw him giving Tengen glaring daggers.

"Son of a..." Sanemi whispered while looking at Tengen.

"Why? Is there anything you want to know... more?" I asked curiously.

I have no idea what's with Tengen, Kanae, and Sanemi.

"Dense." Tomioka murmured beside me. I looked at him.

"Me?!" I asked. He ignored me again.

"Nothing, everything's fine, Shinobu." Tengen said while grinning.

"I swear I'm going to kill you, Uzui." Sanemi said. Tengen just laughed at him.

"Oh, Shinazugawa, you are just so jealous that I have girls flocking around me and you are here, couldn't even admit your feelings to your first love." Tengen blurted out. The room went silent. And we all looked at Sanemi with his wide eyes.

"You... You like Uzui-san?" Mitsuri pointed her finger to Sanemi. He swiftly looks back to her.

"What?!" Sanemi shouted, which echoed around the room. We all fell silent.

"Are you jealous of the girls flocking around Uzui-san?" Mitsuri broke the silence. Sanemi muttered five or six curses before speaking up again.

"Just ignore Tengen. He is a big asshole." Sanemi said while massaging his head. Getting really irritated.

"Wait, wait, wait," I said. Then they all look at me. "What does my sister have to do with this?" I asked. Because they keep on mentioning my sister.

Tengen roared a laughter and we all looked at him.

"Do you like my sister?" I asked Tengen. He then choked on his own saliva after laughing out loud. He's still coughing madly, Mitsuri handed him a water jug, which was Obanai's. Tengen took it and drank.

"Indirect kiss." Tomioka said. I giggled while covering my mouth, because Obanai and Tengen indirect kissed.

"No, no, I mean, your sister's charismatic but, she's not my type." Tengen said. I nodded.

"Then why did you ask if my Kanae is at home?" I asked curiously.

"Oh my!" Mitsuri covered her mouth, a realization probably struck her head. "Tengen likes Kanae... Sanemi likes Tengen... And Sanemi is jealous of Kanae?"

"What?!" Both Tengen and Sanemi looked at her with wide eyes.

I can feel Tomioka trying to stifle his chuckles.

"I'm kidding!" Mitsuri laughed. We looked at her in confusion. She looked at us and said, "I truly understand what's happening here." She said then winked. "Your secrets are safe with me."

"Are you all talking about crushes?" Muichiro Tokito suddenly spoke up.

"First loves and heartbreaks," Mitsuri said, then she turned to Sanemi.

"Do you have a crush, Mitsuri?" Rengoku asked suddenly. Joining the love conversation.

"Yeah, nine crushes." She said smiling. Obanai choked on his drink while Tengen laughed out loud. "How about you, Shinobu." She turned to me. I was surprised she included me in the conversation.

"Oh, uhm, I don't really think about those a lot. Crushes and love are a nuisance to me." I said honestly. She nodded at me.

"How about you Tomioka?" She asked. Giyu looked really shocked at the question.

"Uh, no." He simply said, not even looking at her. He looks like he is thinking about something deeply.

"Anything bothering you?" I got the urge to ask. He looked at me and shook his head. "Oh, okie." I said.

"Let's get ready," He said and left my side. I nodded although he couldn't see it anymore.

The Hashiras were still spitting jokes against one another. They all seems so close; I feel happy looking around them. Mitsuri would include me in the conversation sometimes.

"One girl confessed to me." Tengen said. He sounded serious this time.

"You're going to reject her?" Rengoku asked.

"I, uh, also like her." He said scratching his head. "But, uhm, I don't feel ready yet."

"Ohhhhhh, the flashy Uzui Tengen is finally in love?!" Mitsuri said, clasping her hands together. Uzui playfully rolled his eyes.

"Now, I'll give you a scenario, so, the person you like confessed to you. What will you do?" Mitsuri asked while wiggling her brows. "Starting with you, Gyomei-san."

"Blush, then confess." Gyomei-san said while crossing his arms.

"Ponder about it then probably just confess." Tengen said. Mitsuri then looked at Muichiro.

"Uh, I'm too young for this but, tell her my feelings as well." He said.

"I'll probably also tell her that I love her." Rengoku said smiling.

"You Sanemi?" Mitsuri said in a teasing manner. Sanemi rolled his eyes.

"I doubt that'll happen but, confess as well." He sounded annoyed. Tengen teased him again.

"You Obanai-san?" Mitsuri asked. Obanai gazed at her so intently.

"Confess too..." He murmured. Mitsuri nodded then looked at me.

"Oh, uh, ask him why?" I said. "I mean, why he likes me." I continued giggling.

"That's very like you, Shinobu." Mitsuri said, then he looked at Giyu who was looking away. "You, Tomioka Giyu."

"Tell her thank you and ignore her for days." He said simply. "It's awkward."

"She would be so confused!" Mitsuri said while laughing. "You won't tell her your feelings?"

"Uh, no. I don't see the purpose." Giyu said.

Our mini-Hashira chitchat ended when we had to proceed to our respective room duties.

"Why do you think there's no purpose in confessing to the person you love?" I curiously asked. He looked at me as we walked towards the room we are assigned to.

He shrugged, "Maybe because the whole concept of love is confusing. If we both like each other, then what will come right after?" He said.

"You're talkative recently, huh..." I said teasing him again.

"You bring out the talkative side of me." He replied. My brows shot up in amusement.

"I think it's more of a, I bring out the best of you." I smiled at him. He stopped his tracks so I stopped mine as well. He looked at me for a brief while before tearing them away. It didn't take him long before he scoffed and continued on his way.