Understanding

(Persephone POV)

"Are you feeling better now Riezer?"

"Yes thank you."

Riezer had led me to his chambers where I laid a wet towel on his head.

"If your head is still hurting later, please tell me."

"You are too sweet to me miss."

I stopped soaking the other towel and looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"I do not deserve this much kindness." I stopped what I was doing and turned to look at him. His face was round and just like Hades, he had tan skin and black hair. Besides the similar features, I found Riezer looked more like a little brother.

"You deserve as much kindness as anyone else," I said as I pushed his hair off his face.

"Yes...so does my master."

I stopped touching his hair and grimaced at the memory of Hades choking Riezer.

"You should leave here. He will never be a kind man."

"I'm surprised to hear you say that, seeing that you are the first person to not run away from him."

I smirked a little, "I was a child then. I knew nothing of who he was until the nymphs told me. They told me what he's done and why the other gods isolate him. And--"

"Don't listen to those rumors!" Riezer sat up breathless and peered at me.

"They know nothing of my masters suffering."

"Riezer I didn't mean--"

"No! You don't know anything." Riezer laid back down and continued to speak. "He may be harsh when he doesn't get what he wants, but even Hades, the god of the underworld, has feelings." Riezer yawned and rolled over in his bed.

"Why don't you get some rest."

"Yes, that will be fine..." Riezer drifted off into a deep sleep breathing slightly.

I stood up and left the room closing the door. When I walked outside Cerberus was at the door whimpering.

"What's wrong?" I patted him and he growled and ran towards the entrance.

"Wait what's wrong," I said running after him. When we got to the entrance, I noticed that it was left open.

"Cerberus did Hades leave," Cerberus growled which I took as a yes.

To leave his fortress, he must be very angry. I knew I had felt the ground rumble before, but I ignored it thinking Hades was just throwing a tantrum.

I asked the front guard if Hades had left and he said about an hour ago. I had no idea where he went, but I went looking for him anyway.

(Hades POV)

Despicable beings. Every single one of them. I can't stand this anymore. I didn't even want to live...

Looking around at my location, I noticed I had walked into a field of dead, dry flowers. And there again stood a woman with orange hair.

Was this a dream... I thought and walked towards her. The closer I got, I could hear the women crying.

"Women, are you okay?"

She gasped and turned around quickly.

Her face glowed with radiance just as Persephone does. Without the slight touch of wrinkles engraved on her face, she would have looked just like Persephone. I knew who this was...my sister, Demeter

Hades & PersephoneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara