Try if you can Pt.2

I led a leading wake, to the room where he will wait.

A foolish human who spoke of honor and glory. Saying when he returns home, he will have married a goddess.
Well God have mercy on him! Oh...sorry, I will not.

We walked slowly down the dim hallway into a room far away from any of the others.

"May I ask what your name is?" Riezer said as he opened the door to the room.

"Oh yes, my name is Pirithous."

"Ah, the friend of many heroes. One being Theseus I pressure?" Thanatos said as he peered over the little being.

"They are my best friends. Theseus has already married the goddess Helen. So it is a must for me to accomplish this task."

"You talk strangely. Have you been spending time with the northern nymphs?"

"I'm as guilty, as I may seem."
We walked inside a big room that looked exactly like a common living room.

"Why don't you take a seat."

Pirithous sat down happily and smiled at me. "I knew you would be civil about this. As I've heard, Persephone would never be infatuated with the God of the underworld. Simply putting it."

Thanatos began to snicker behind me. I also couldn't hold in my laughter any longer.

"Well, I'll let you know when Persephone wakes."

"Alright!" He smiled as I left the room.

The chair of forgetfulness. A chair that will make anyone forget about their earlier existence. As the serpents coiled around them and held them fast, they will be stuck in a trance of forgetfulness. 

Should I feel guilty about this action? I thought as Riezer served Thanatos and I a glass of wine.
"Haha!" I burst out laughing.

"M'lord, you are truly hell-bound."
"Aye, no one else is like me in that aspect. I'm happy for the compliment."

"Hades!"
I spit up the purple wine then looked at Persephone march into the room.

"What sort of reaction is that? All, I did was call your name. Unless you're guilty of something?"

"Nothing of the sort?" I looked at Thanatos and he nodded.

"Well, if that's so."

"Aye, what is it?"
Don't tell me she found out?

"Look, Ares was just standing outside. Did you lock him out?"

"What? How could I lock him out when he comes in with his own free will?"
I looked at the listless Ares as he sat down in between Thanatos and me.

"What's wrong boy? Why did you not come in?"

"...Uncle... I'm in mourning."

"M'lord, this is the 1st time I've seen him like this."

"Same for me." Persephone sat down beside me and yawned.

"Why don't you go and fight about like you always do?"

Ares didn't look up from the table as he spoke. "Maybe I will."

I looked at Ares for a while. I already knew what was bothering him.
Slowly, I stood up. "Well, have a nice time," I said before walking off. I had no time for this pompous sadness.

"Hades."

I turned to see Persephone following me.
"What is it."

"Weren't you a little harsh?"

"About what? He should learn to claim what he wants."

"Oh? Like how you captured me?"

"Mm, I told you not to bring that up!"

"Well, I'm about over it so it does not bother me. However, I want you to explain something to me?"

"What?"

"Pirithous."

Eh? How does she know that name? Don't tell me she found out?

Persephone smiled then walked closer.
"Out of jealousy, you locked him in that room. Do you know how long it took me to release him?"

"How? Why did you do that? Do you not know he tried to make a fool out of me?"

"Only fools know fools." Persephone touched my cheek.

"But, you are really a fool for believing I was actually asleep when you got home. I was going to surprise you and jump out, but nothing happened otherwise."

I felt my hand tremble with embarrassment and anger at the same time. I can never have my way anymore.

"Stop pouting Hades, you aren't a child any longer."

"Who's pouting?"

Persephone sighed. "Just know that I will never deceive you. Honestly! Did you actually think I would take his offer?"

I avoided her glare as she continued to speak.

"And I'm the one that's in love with this fool. You can't even answer me. What do you want, a kiss?"

I smirked a bit and leaned down for a kiss, but Persephone stopped me.

"Before that, how about you go comfort your nephew, huh?"

Quickly, she turned around and walked away. So I did all of this pouting for nothing.

"Maybe I should have let that man take you after all!" I called after her.

"Mm? Then you would be missing out." She tapped her lips before she turned the corner.

Damn it! I love that woman.

When I returned to the parlor, Ares was reading a book. That's unusual.

"Thanatos, Riezer, leave us be."

"As you wish M'Lord."

"Yes, Master."

They both exited the room.

I swiftly sat down beside Ares and sighed. He feigned no response. Well, this is going to be harder than I thought.

I hate dealing with these kinds of problems.

(End)

:

Hephaestus & Aphrodite's next book!

: