Return

(Poseidon POV)

"If what you say in true Poseidon, then I cannot allow this to be put aside."

I smiled deviously and gave Zeus the gem.

"And you say this was in his layer?"

"Yes thats where I found it."

I stared at the red gem I gave to Zeus which looked exactly like Hera's ( Zeus wife). She lost the magical jewel long ago and suspected someone stole it. This jewel has to be it, I found it when I snuck inside Hades layer.

" Hermes! Send a message to everyone saying the summit of the gods is to take place next sunrise and make sure Hades attends." Zeus created the invites with magic and gave it to Hermes who flew off quickly.

My first plan to make Hades bring someone back to life had failed, but now I'm sure this will work. Hades stealing the jewel of the highest goddess, now thats a title I'll want to hear.

(Hades POV)

Expect the unexpected, I heard one day while strolling through the human world. Tis is true it may seem. I had not expected Persephone to come to my chambers and state her feelings. She spoke as if she knew I was standing at the door, listening to her and Ares. I was for a while, but my mind took me else where and this is where I ended up.

"... Are you listening to me." I blinked a couple of times staring at Persephone as she glared at me.

"I said I am sorry. I completely misunderstood you feelings and kissed you without caution." Again she looked away, leaving her strong stance.

I did not want to see her like this, but I can't tell a mure women my feelings of this unconscious love. For I am Hades, god of the-

"You are so sweet." Persephone broke my thoughts with her passionate words.

"Had I not kissed you, it wouldn't be so awkward to look at you and you consider that. But Hades I can't stop these feelings from arising. Yes you may be the god of the underworld, and that may seem bad to you. But I wouldn't mind being called the goddess of the underworld if in fact I get to be with you." She finally looked up at me with such desperate eyes.

I cannot fanthom such emotion I've never felt before. My heart, which I had forgotten I had, twisted and turned inside my body. It was to late. The feelings I have for this women can no longer be hidden.

I stood up and swiftly walked over to where Persephone sat. My hand slid on her cheek as I bent down and touched my lips to hers. The deed was done.

*** Later that day

"Master!"

"What is it Riezer?"

"Hermes is waiting for you at the entrance."

I raised my eyebrow confused at the other gods presence.

As I made my way towards the entrance, I could hear footsteps following behind me.

"Persephone, why do you follow me?"

"I do not trust the other gods."

"Thats why I have Ares."

"I told Ares to follow you, but he went back to sleep."

I snickered a little before opening the front door. "To bad, Hermes is Ares favorite brother."

I looked up at the flying Hermes with bright golden hair and Orange eyes. He wore all white contrasting with his flushed cheeks making him look like a kid.

"Is Ares here?" He said worriedly.

I smiled at his frightened face and said, "Did you want to see him? To see if he's okay? Mmm maybe his dead body would do?"

"Hades." Persephone hit my back. "Do not worry Hermes, Ares is alright."

Hermes settled down and landed on his two feet then handed me a letter.

"Whats this? Summit? It has not even been 10 years."

"Zeus wants everyone to attend, especially you."

I raised an eyebrow at Hermes who restlessly looked around for Ares.

"Why especially me?"

"W-well thats classified."

"Riezer! Go get Ares!"

A few moments later, the sleepy Ares walked through the door.

"Ares!" Hermes said happily as he ran towards him then I stopped him.

"Tell me what Zeus wants with me." I gave him a death stare and he backed away nervously.

"Uncle, don't threaten him, you know he gets scared easily."

"H-he claims that you have stolen the jewel of Hera." Hermes shouted and ran past me towards Ares.

"Jewel what jewel?" Persephone walked up beside me and rested her hand on my shoulder. "Hades?"

"That damned Poseidon."

I ripped open the letter reading that I was supposed to be there by sunrise.

"We are going to the summit of the gods at sunrise, get some rest." I said and went back inside my fortress.

(Persephone POV)

"You, Hermes." I glanced at the boy hugging Ares around the neck scared stiff.

"Hermes get off of me and answer her." Hermes sniffled and looked at me with his big bright eyes.

"Who blames Hades?"

"P-Poseidon."

That fool again. I thought and walked back into the underworld. They all followed behind me including Hermes.

"I can't believe that simpleton actually got Hades into this inconvenience."

"Umm actually I have something to-" I cut Ares off while slamming the door to my room. I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night; worrying about Hades. But I knew tomorrow would come and nothing can stop that.

***

It was moring and we all rode in the carriage. Hermes had to leave earlier to not cause suspicion.

Hades didn't speak the whole way making me feel worried.

"We're about to land master."

Hades nodded and stepped out the floating car, landing on the ground flawlessly.

"Show off." Ares followed after Hades and slowly pulled me down with him.

Realizing where I was, I slowly looked up at the massive white palace. It was gargantuan, but what would I expect from a shoddy god.

"You must stay here." Hades said to me.

"But why? I can't leave you alone with th-"

Hades lips were up against mine, silencing me for a moment.

"Its fine; I'm fine." He turned around leaving me breathless. "Besides, I have Ares with me.

"Lover boy." Ares said before getting slapped by Hades. They disappeared into the white castle while I prayed for his return.

Photo of Hermes