Resolution?

(Ares POV)

Dammit! I didn't want uncle to get into a fight with the other gods, especially Zeus and Poseidon. Their powers top mine by a 100. Even if I am to fight alongside Hades, the odds of winning are slim.

I looked over at Hermes who clung to my arm. Maybe we could win if Hermes joined in, but I know he doesn't like violence. Dammit!

The palace shook rapidly as Zeus turned the meeting room into an arena. It was the same arena I fought in as I was a child when Zeus would punish me for not listening to him. Of course, he would punish me in the worse way because I was his least favorite child. Still, I would beat those monsters butts and the whole crowd would cheer-

"Ares." Hermes' voice brought me out of my memories and back to the current situation. Hades' eyes were focused as so, yet I could still see the pain that he's held onto for so long.

"Hermes, send a message to Hades for me."

Hermes pulled out a miniature letter that I had to speak into. After I said my words, the letter went flying towards Hades' ear and he listened silently.

(Hades POV)

"Uncle... what makes us gods is a vague question, but that is among other gods not you. What makes you a god is totally different, so believe in me and Persephone, for we will always be at your side in the end. Don't fight Zeus or Poseidon...for your own good."

The small looking letter vanished into thin air and I looked up at Ares thinking if he were my son, I wouldn't have exiled him from my life. A smile appeared on my face making the crowd mumble.

"What do you smile for, brother?" Zeus had out his lighting bolts ready to fight. I stared at both Poseidon and Zeus wondering, where did they ever go wrong. We were once close until we defeated our father and divided the earth among-st ourselves.

Power ruins us all...

"I'm not going to fight with you."

"What?" Zeus said looking relieved for some reason. His face seemed to relax as if he also didn't want to fight, but Poseidon, on the other hand, was ready to kill me.

"You're running away from a fight? Ha! I should have known." Poseidon laughed on Zeus's shoulder, but Zeus shrugged him off.

"I'm not running away, for it is you two who have run away."

"You speak nonsense Hades!" Zeus screamed looking as of he wanted to say something else, but I cut him off.

"This is not who I am. I will not bow my head to fight a being who knows nothing of himself. You all may fight among-st yourselves but leave me out of it!"

I scanned the room making everyone jump back.

"I will have nothing to do with you gods anymore for I am not the true enemy. I will just sit back and relax while all of your children and grandchildren cause ruin in the world. But even then, you still won't understand your wrongdoings..."

I turned my back on a fight that I could have won if I tried, and walked out the palace gates to see Persephone standing there. She stood strong, but I could see deep inside she was worried.

She ran to me; arms open wide. "Did they hurt you? What did they say? You are innocent are you not?"

"Of course he's innocent, and it's all because of my doing." Ares came from behind me and smiled that irritating cocky smile of his.

"And what did you do again? Mm, it seems I can't remember." Ares frowned at my smart remark then smiled playfully.

"Can we leave now?" Persephone said earnestly.

"Yes let us go home. Ares are you coming?" Ares looked up from the ground trying to figure out how to answer my question. I knew what he was going to say already, since Hermes was standing by the entrance.

"Nah, not right now. Hermes seems upset with me so I should go calm him down."

"That brother complex of yours has taken a toll on you hard hasn't it?" I said as I got into the carriage.

"Shut up Uncle! He's just so cute, I have to take care if him."

Of course, I understand. I once had a little brother too who followed me wherever I went. Poseidon... Zeus... if only our relationship was as close as Hermes and Ares, then maybe we wouldn't be going through this drift...

"Hades, I'm here." Persephone, as though she knew what I was thinking, grabbed my hand. "Let's go."

With one last look at Ares, we nodded and the carriage flew off into the deep blue sky.

This is Zeus Guys!