Fruit

(Riezer POV)

"Riezer! Riezer where are you?"

I heard master calling for me outside my room. I scurried out of bed running to the entrance. When I got there, master was holding Persephone in his arms.

"Master, what has happened?"

"I need you to take her to the healing room."

"Alright." Master handed her to me and when I held her, her body heat seemed to be off the charts.

"Hurry, I will be there in a second." Hades ran off in the other direction. I've never seen master in such a panic before; it feels kind of refreshing.

I lay Persephone down on the healing bed where she panted slightly. She had a fever that seemed to be higher than normal. What happened outside while I was asleep?

"Riezer." Master came through the door with his magical staff.

"Master, what happened?"

"Seems she ate some fruit of the underworld. It won't harm her, but she will have to get used to eating it."

Oh no, I thought, I was the one who gave Persephone the fruit in the first place. I looked at master who seemed to be creating a magical serum.

"Seems like this will do. But she won't be able to stay in the human world for long periods of time."

"M-master, I'm s-sorry, I gave her-"

"I don't want to hear it." Master didn't look at me while saying that. I felt depressed that I had messed up twice in one week.

"Besides, you are my most trusted servant, I know you don't mean any harm."

Master... I thought and smiled.

"Now let her rest."

"Master, what else happened?"

Master signed, "Her mother said she would stop harvesting if Persephone is not with her."

"That's not good."

"You shouldn't care, it doesn't affect you." There goes master again, only thinking about himself.

"So now what?" I asked.

"Well since she ate the fruit, she has to stay here, but I made a deal with her." Master motioned me to walk out of the room. We continued walking until we were in the soul lure once again.

"I said that she would be able to go to the surface during the spring and summer. And she will stay with me in the winter and fall seasons."

"Master you are too kind."

Hades flinched, but I could see a slight smile on his face.

"Master, will you still take Persephone as your wife?"

"...."

It was quiet for a bit, except for the screaming souls.

"...If she will have me."