i was gonna get around to bringing up the thing about her telling jack i got high, but i think she's had enough this morning.

even though, it was still a stupid idea. he can't keep his mouth shut for shit when it comes to asher.

***

once we get back to my house, juliet goes into jack's room, and pip and i wander into my room to scheme ideas for my side of the bet.

"don't tell juliet i'm encouraging this" pip whispers to me on our way down the hallway.

i pinch my fingers across my lips like i'm zipping them shut and giving a thumbs up. we make it to the end of the hall where my room is and open up my door to enter.

"just tell me what ideas you have in mind and i'll just-" i pause, when my eyes land on a shirtless asher who is going through the clothes on my floor.

"ashton?" pip calls out, just as confused as i am.

he looks up at us like a deer in headlights and i can only see pure panic in his chocolate brown eyes.

"don't- it's- it's not... aria, listen-"

"i'm listening" i interrupt, raising an eye brow.

pip looks between both of us and squints as if trying to put the pieces together herself.

"okay, so- so i just needed to borrow a pair of shorts. it's for... god, do i- do i have to tell you what they're for?" he stutters his way through a half explanation.

"uh, yeah?" i huff.

he sighs and paces a few steps in distress. "i didn't know you were gonna be coming back this early, it was only supposed to-"

"spit it out, ashton" pip orders.

"okay" asher grumbles, "this one girl came over this morning and i was just about to get her out of the house, but her shorts, um... well, she needed to borrow a new pair."

oh. my. god.

he wants to give his sneaky link my shorts? is he fucking joking right now? maybe i would have helped, but just going through my clothes to steal them when i'm not even home? ...what??

his eyes plead to me, but i show no remorse.

i walk over to him, slowly, then place a hand on his bicep and start leading him to my door.

"no" i start, taking our first step together, "i think this one is a you problem, buddy. maybe ask me next time," i pause, shoving him into the doorway, "and i'll actually consider it."

pip chuckles and walks over to my window on the other side of the room, inspecting my succulents.

"aria-"

"good luck" i smile, "and get that whore out of my fucking house." then, i slam the door in his face and approach pip.

"you ever water these things?" she asks, playing with a leaf between her fingers.

"can you believe him?" i groan.

pip looks at me over her shoulder and smiles. "i don't think you should have shamed him like that. you could have made some kind of negotiation."