"About the party. I can ask Dante if you want although he'll probably just warn me not to pressure you."

I considered it for a few seconds, it would actually be nice to get out of this house for some time. "Sounds good, Ash."

"Great," she cheered excitedly before suddenly stopping and frowning at me, eyes narrowed. "You're not planning on running away again, are you? Dante would murder me."

I honestly wasn't. I had nowhere to go. "Even if I ran, I'm pretty sure he'd find me."

DANTE

I really hoped I hadn't messed things up too much with her. I should have left her alone after dropping her on her bed. I closed my eyes, the breakfast and note I left for her seemed a bit too corny, the kind of things you'd see in bad romance novels or movies, the kind Ash used to enjoy.

I had other ideas of how to apologise just that she might not handle them too well. I wondered what the deal with her parents were. Were they abusive? Was that why she had so many scars?

I turned off the cold shower, stepping out and reaching for a towel to tie about my waist. I wondered if she was up now, the thought of her pale cheeks turning pink as she ate her breakfast made me feel warm. Her happiness was mine.

I stepped into my room, shaking my damp hair and faintly surprised to meet my sister sitting on my bed, making herself very comfortable. "What do you want?" I snatched up a shirt, pulling it over my head and glared at her.

"To watch your gorgeous body," she told me sarcastically, returning my glare with an eye roll and now laying on the bed. "You should thank me for helping you out with the breakfast thing."

"She liked it?" I couldn't kill the excitement in my voice.

"Why should I tell you anything?" My sister snapped. She really was something sometimes, I was really going to miss having her around when she finally went off to college in a few months.

"Did she?" I asked again.

"Yeah."

"Thank you, Ash." I sat down at the wooden chair at my table. "Is that why you're here? You can go now."

She looked at me, rolling her eyes once more. "No, I came here to inform you I'm taking Daphne out tonight."

"No, you're not."

Ash sat up, crossing his arms and glaring at me harder than before, her eyes felt like they would shoot daggers very soon. "You've had the poor girl cooped in there for so long, no wonder she tried to escape."

"She's been sick," I told my sister, really uninterested in this argument.

"She's doing way better now."

"Where are you even taking her?"

"To that get-together at Sherry's." She stood and I noticed my younger sister looked taller. I knew she had been working out way harder lately but the effects were just starting to show. "You can come too if you want."

I heard myself snort. "No way I'm coming to one of your stupid, immature parties."

"Suit yourself," she shrugged. "I already asked Daphne and she's in."

That surprised me. I didn't think she would agree. Maybe it was just me she didn't want to hang out with.

"Ash," I warned. "If something happens to her I'll --"

"Murder me," she completed, already walking towards the door. "I know, you give me murder threats every two days now."

She opened the door, winking. "See you later, Alpha."

***

Hello, guys! I just want you to know that this book is fully available on Booknet, just head over to the app or the website and search it up or you can head to my profile, the link to it is right there! Please don't forget to leave a comment, drop a like and follow me there. Thank you!💕

***