5.

DAPHNE

It had been a week now, at least according to my calculations. A week since I escaped from Reid and his rogues. The memory of Alpha Reid's long hair and wicked smile haunted me, teasing and mocking me. I had woken up from several nightmares dreaming I was back in that cold cell, on my knees unbuckling his belt with him forcing himself on me.

I shuddered, the memory made bile rise up my throat. I didn't think I could ever be touched by a man again, I was permanently unclean and carried a taint. Those rogues had tainted me. I sat up on the warm bed, uncomfortable and wanting to stretch my legs a bit. A young girl had been here yesterday to help me wash up, she had been sent by that Dante according to her.

Dante. Mate.

It seemed quite insane to me. How could he form a bond with me? Since the night I sent him out of here, I had only seen him twice briefly but I had a very strong suspicion he was keeping a very close eye on me. No way I was leaving this place anytime soon.

The doctor came in about twice a day to check on me and I still had a very hard time believing the smiling woman was a werewolf too. I asked her yesterday and she had confirmed my suspicions, I was in their territory. Food was always brought in by different children, it was like the adults were avoiding contact with me. I didn't mind at all.

The early morning sun peeked gently through the windows and I started unconsciously when I heard the soft knock at the door. I sat quietly, not talking whoever it was would take the initiative to enter. The door cracked open a few seconds later revealing a young woman with icy blue eyes, the same kind of prominent eyes that Dante had.

"Hello, Daphne," she greeted, warmly. "I'm Ashley."

I didn't reply, just watched her warily. There weren't a lot of females in Reid's pack, I had only seen about two throughout my stay there and they were as savage as the guys were, I had even gotten slapped by one of the girls before. I had quickly learnt not to trust both the guys and the girls.

"The Doctor won't be coming this morning," she continued, smiling at me warmly. Her long, dark brown hair was packed in a high ponytail giving a beautiful definition to her features. "She sent me to change your bandages and give your meds."

I looked away from her face, down to her body. She had on a grey tracksuit like she was going for a jog and even I could see how fit she was in the flattering outfit. Her eyes were now searching mine now as if trying to read my face.

She came closer, walking slowly. "Will you let me change your bandages?"

Giving her one more once over, I nodded.

She smiled, helping me off the bed while I winced in pain and leading me to the bathroom to wash up. She removed the long, blue maternity like gown I had on and began to work carefully on my bandages. She handled me carefully and I felt like she was really experienced at things like these.

After she finished, she helped me into another gown, this one pink and similar to the one I had on earlier. I held onto her tightly as she helped me back to the bed.

"Thank you," I murmured. She really was kind.

She smiled, looking pleased that I finally spoke to her. "It's honestly the least I could do after my brother almost killed you with his car."

"You're his sister?" It explained why she had the exact same icy blue eyes possessed by her brother.

"Yes, I'm Dante's sister."

"You're a werewolf too?"

She hesitated before answering. "We all are. I don't want you to be scared, nobody can lay a finger on you here, plus you're the Alpha's mate, you're untouchable."

I felt tears brim up my eyes. "Will you let me go, please?"

"Are you hungry?" She asked, clearly avoiding my question. She had her hand on her hip now, looking every bit like a model. "I actually don't know your preferences and would like to shop especially for you."

"I'll eat anything you give me." The food they had been serving had been quite decent, I had no complaints, it was way better than what I was used to.

"No way," she insisted. "You must have favourites, I'm sure. I can't wait till you're strong enough to go shopping with me. We really need to get you some new clothes."

I looked down at the oversized pink gown, coupled with my sickly frame and I could guess I looked way more horrible than I had imagined. Ashley was now opening the windows fully, singing to herself while I adjusted myself on the bed and fell into my reclining position.

"Dante tells me you were trying to escape the other night," she brought up casually like she was talking about something as unimportant as the weather. "You'd just be stressing yourself, Daphne. This is the most heavily guarded building in this estate."

My heart dropped down to my feet.

I had planned to spend a few days more here until I had enough energy to make a run for it and now it seemed as though they had anticipated and planned for all contingencies.

She continued, now pouring a bottle of water into a plastic cup. "Just do us all, especially Dante, a big favour by allowing your body a lot of rest."

She handed it over, along with my usual drugs. I used them without hesitation, those drugs were helping a whole lot and I was actually grateful.

"I'll be back later with your food, Daphne."

"Thank you, Ashley."

"It's Ash." She closed the door behind her with a soft thud.

***
Hello, guys! I just want you to know that this book is fully available on Booknet, just head over to the app or the website and search it up or you can head to my profile, the link is right there! Please don't forget to leave a comment, drop a like and follow me there. Thank you!💕

***