Chapter 8

"A beer and a glass of white wine, please?" Calista ordered as she settled down in a small corner where there was only one chair. It was a perfect view to stare at the people in the clubhouse.

It looked like it had been years she tasted alcohol. The sudden feeling in her arose earlier before she found herself in a club. This time, she dressed casually so as not to call people's attention.

She needed time and space to think alone. After all she had gone through in the past, there was this feeling that more was lurking in her way. Life was already complicated, there was no need adding other complications.

The waiter forwarded to her the drink with a heart warming smile, "Here miss, do you want any other thing?"

Her eyes dilated a little after hearing what he said. What else could she need again? She didn't plan to get drunk but free her mind from what she had been going through. There was no way she would be walking home herself if she requested for another, "It's fine." Her words came out bold and sharp.

"But..." The waiter's eyebrows raised, "Why do you look so familiar, are you a celebrity?"

Calista restricted from looking upwards to reply him. Exposing more of her face would cause commotion here. The useless face cap wasn't even working. "People say that a lot. Well, it gives me an edge right?" She asked, expecting him to just turn and walk away, but this man was still reluctant. Didn't they teach these waiters about vanishing immediately they attend to their customers?

Before he was about to talk, she turned her head to others and drank directly from the beer, earning her awkward looks.

The waiter finally walked away to attend to other customers.

As she kept staring at some set of people dancing, drinking and doing all sorts of things, a sudden change in aura made her gaze land on the entrance. A man walked in quietly.

He looked really strange, as his hair was as silver as the white clouds. This time, it seemed the silver was glowing and she could swear to see the hair reach his waist as he turned around to sit. Whoever he was, she knew too well that his hair was fake. He looked really rich, his clothes were gorgeous but looked really outdated that she thought he wasn't a native of the city at all.

Now, she couldn't see his face, as his back was turned to her. She stared at her wine and took a sip, before taking four long gulps of the beer again.

She was here to clear off her thoughts, not to think about some other people, but she was bothered about the changed atmosphere.

He was sitting alone and didn't order anything.

She even expected long gaze and stare from other people when he had initially walked in but others seemed careless. She could almost say that maybe he looked invincible to others but that couldn't be true. He might be a regular customer and they found his appearance normal.

***

Calista tucked out her phone from her denim shirt. It was 10:26 pm and she couldn't believe that she had sat for a really long time.

Her table was filled with three different bottles and a glass cup of empty wine. She felt really empty like she had wanted. There were no thoughts looming in her mind again. She had forgotten about Jeremy completely. At least for a moment, but it seemed her wish only seemed to fall apart as thinking that she had forgotten about him, brought their memories. Just by this, she emptied the last bottle into her mouth and groaned when she realised she had drunk all the liquid and the burning sensation of the alcohol had vanished.

There were still few people. The noise had died down and the ongoing music was much sober this time. The DJ really needed many rounds of slap. All she really wished was to be energetic and not emotional anymore.

It was ten, and she knew Jeremy would be asleep by this time. She also needed to sleep. And Sunny? She would have freaked out already. She told her that she was going to a friend's house to study and that she would be back before eight.

Sunny didn't fully agree but she had no choice than to just let her go.

Calista stood up from the chair and walked to a huge table where the waiters were. After smiling and eye-searching for the waiter who served her initially, she retreated.

She kept flinging her purse as she walked to the entrance. Her eyes were feeling heavy and she could barely see. All she needed was to take a cab and rest.

She kept on walking but a pain swallowed her system as she twisted her ankle.

Still limping, her body started to feel tired and cold. She lifted her injured ankle a bit but an unknown wind blew her away and she almost ended up falling, but surprisingly she was resting on something soft.

She slightly turned her neck to see that she actually didn't fall. Or she actually fell to her soft bed. She felt comfortable but her eyes blinked itself as she suddenly felt scared.

What just happened?

Who was this man behind her? He was even staring at her like she had taken something huge from him. The fear of being raped quickly impaired her memory but she was quick to recognise who he was.

The silver-haired man.

His voice made her jot back to reality, even though she was unable to control it. "Why are you out here at this hour, witch?"

"Witch?" She asked in disbelief and redrew her body from him.

"Only a witch would be out at this hour," he said, with every word of his, emotionless.

She stared at him, trying to get back to her right senses but she was unable. It was like all her efforts to come back into reality was been drawn in the ocean by this man. She thought she had imagined seeing his eyes glow in the dark, "and why are your eyes glowing?"

Before he could reply, she belched and looked back at him, "Sorry. You look quite familiar."

He didn't reply.

She just shrugged and kept walking. There was no way she could stand to hold up anymore conversation She really needed her bed.

She kept walking but a sudden rush of blood filled her sight and she blanked out.