Honeymoon (part 2)

-slight nsfw warning again, casual discussion of sex but no sexual actions-

The white mug sits peacefully on the windowsill, flashing specks of light around the room as it bounces rays off from the sun outside. The warm water swishes around calmly, like the waves of a pond. Perched perfectly inside is the woman of my dreams, one leg dangling out, as if beckoning me to come play. Her arms rest on the rim of the mug, keeping her head above water as she basks in the sunlight.

Stunning. Illuminating. Gorgeous. Ethereal. All these perfect words to describe her. And I decide to go with-

"You look hot." I stand awkwardly from a distance, taking in the view from afar.

"Well come on in, the water's fine," Gabby jokes, cocking an eyebrow and a smirk.

"So you think just because this mug says 'Mrs.', I can't use it for myself?" I ask, stepping toward the scene and allowing my shadow to overtake her. The tiny woman immediately breaks into a blush.

Standing over her like this, I inhale slowly as I take her in once again. I'll never get used to seeing my wife, who used to drink out of this mug, be able to lounge playfully in it now. She's the same as ever, but we both know something is off.

"I imagine you've had some... frustration... since this ordeal, but I promise me-flavored tea won't fix that," she deadpans.

"Nice try, but I'm not the same horny twenty year old you fell for," I retort, grabbing a chair from the table and sitting. As I bend down to her level, the sun casts over her again.

She doesn't buy it. Understandable. I don't quite buy it either.

"I will admit, I've been waiting for this phase to wear out so we can be normal again."

"You and me both." My wife pulls her leg back in and sits up, allowing her dark hair to fall into the water. "The bedroom hasn't been fun for me either."

"We're just not that freaky, are we?"

"I don't even mean that, I mean even sleep is impossible with you now. Why do you think I'm napping during the day so much?"

I feel my ears heat up. "I'm so sorry, Gab, I hope I don't toss and turn too much. I'd hate to... you know..."

"Crush me?"

"... yeah." I divert my eyes.

"Holden," she beckons my gaze back to her. "You said we can work through this. I'm not mad at you for not knowing how to handle a tiny person. Hell, I don't even know how be a tiny person. We're both adjusted to a relationship where I'm human-sized. We just have to... readjust. For the time being."

"For the time being," I repeat half-heartedly. It's been two weeks she's been this small already. I'm sure we've both imagined the worst case scenario. My stomach turns at the thought. I can't keep holding it in. "When do you want to address the elephant in the room?"

She knows what I'm hinting at immediately. "I'm not saying this size forever." Her voice is strong, but she retreats in on herself, rubbing her own arms, as if to reassure herself. Convince herself she's telling the truth.

"Would it hurt to start planning on what to do in case... you do stay that size forever?"

"Yeah, it would," she snaps. The sunlight begins to fade as light clouds cross over.

Taken aback, I open my mouth to speak, but I'm stopped by a sob.

She catches herself, inhaling as she drops her head into her hands. "I'm sorry. I just... it sucks so hard to be this small. I can't work, I can't get anything for myself, we can't have sex or go out or even talk to friends like usual anymore because this isn't something you can just explain!

"We can't even kiss like normal. Either you don't feel anything or I get half eaten by you someone always loses in the end." She slumps again, exasperated. "My mug is a bathtub, my cat is a beast, my husband's a giant and my mental health is a wreck. I can't imagine doing this forever. I can't even discuss it without feeling sick."

The silence hangs in the air as her breathing slows. Inhale. Exhale.

"Babe, I'm... so sorry..." I try to comfort her as I process her distress. "If there's anything I can do to make it easier, l-"

"That's the worst part. You can't fix this. You can't comfort me. I have to use up all my energy to have the courage to act normal around you. My own husband! You're the only person who can calm me down when I'm stressed, but now you're a hundred feet tall and I have to pretend the dynamic hasn't changed."

I have no reply, so I sit as I am. Reaching out physically would be the most foolish move in the moment.

"It's not your fault," she chokes out, barely audible. "There's no one to blame. It's just a shitty situation."

"You're handling it better than I would," I say honestly. "Could you imagine how much I'd lose my shit if I suddenly shrank down like that? I'd make it everyone's problem. Your manage to make it look like a minor inconvenience that'll blow over."

She looks up again, smiling weakly. "That's what I'm hoping it is. I've never been so excited to get a migraine. I'm assuming that's what'll change me back if it's what got me here." She looks back at herself in the water and sighs. "I gotta get out. This is the second worst conversation I've ever had while naked."

"What's the first?"

"About a week and a half ago when we-"

 "Got it." My ears flare up once more. Never again. Big mistake.

Gabby successfully hoists herself out of the mug and onto a washcloth on the side. She immediately rolls part of it around herself just above her chest. "Damn, I'm still scaly."

"Scaly?" Is this another symptom of that headache?

"Yeah, uh... while you've been at work I've been working on a project with superglue. It got all over me and dried, so I tried to melt it off with the water. Not successful." She picks at the underside of her arm.

"Oh, I see... what project?"

"I finished it earlier today. Check behind the sugar. Couldn't get it in the cabinet."

I stand up, shadowing my wife once more as I step aside to the sugar. Moving the jar aside, my eyes catch it immediately.

A black mug with the word "Mr." engraved in white. Small lines can be seen where it originally cracked, but they appear to be reattached. "You fixed it." A smile creeps across my face slowly, trying to hide my glee.

"It was eating me up," she explains softly, looking away bashfully. "I know it's not much, but I felt like it would've been the first step back to feeling normal. We can at least get matching water again." She looks back up to see my reaction, surprised to see me grinning ear to ear.

"I love you." I'd never said something involuntarily with so much intent.

A smile starts to spread on her face. "I love you too."

I walk to the sink and begin filling it, watching my wife stare in awe from the windowsill above. It can't be this easy for her to get water anymore. Once the liquid nears the rim, I shut the faucet off and sit once again.

Immediately I notice drops falling from the very bottom of the mug, where it must've not been sealed properly. I cover the area with a finger, holding it from the bottom and showing it off. "Just like new!"

"Thank the lord," she sighs. "If it had even one hole in it I would've gone berserk. I'm glad you like it."

I nod happily, take a large gulp and set a mental reminder to fill the last hole when she's asleep tonight. I'll tell her once she's back to normal. Whenever that is.