Extra Enigma

Depuis le début

"Cutting thru waves us vandals and naves, the captains call we hail, eternally free on the ocean with me, forever shall we sail." K finished off and continued to hum the tune.

That's when the others started to join in. It was a harmonious moment we all shared until we all slowed down and laid the song to rest. Some of the others started to slowly lay down as well until it was time to sleep. I crawled over to K as he laid back and we cuddled in the night sands.

Spriggan King, Warrior, Crystal Swordsman: K

I awoke to the sound of rattling nearing closer. I opened my eyes and found a threat emerging from the shadows. Pluto squawked loudly, waking everyone hastily. Everyone sprung up and looked at me with confusion.

"What's wrong?" Asuna was concerned.

I drew my crystal sword and when everyone looked to whom I faced, they found a skeleton pirate armed with a blade.

"What the hell?!" Lizbeth was confused.

I lunged with a sword swipe and the skeleton crumbled into a pile of bones. When they eventually burst from defeat, a small envelope was sticking out from the sand.

"Hm." I questioned and knelt to pick it up.

"What is it? A clue?" Leafa wondered.

"A map." I said as I opened it.

"A map?" Sinon sounded intrigued.

"A treasure hunt! Yay!!" Athena cheered.

"Does it say where to go?" Kirito asked.

"Hmmm..." I further analyzed the map.

I then looked around at the trees and land.

"Okay... it should be this way." I began to lead the way as dawn broke on the mirror-like horizon.

We ended up further along the beach as I slowly pinpointed our location on the map.

"So if that bush is there... and that tree is right there..." I pondered.

"Look! There's the treasure!" Athena pointed.

Everyone looked and saw something glistening from the morning sunrise. We all approached and I knelt down to unearth the object.

"Gold?" Athena was excited.

When I uncovered the sandy item however, it was nothing but an old bottle of rum with the cork still in it. Athena pouted in disappointment.

"Not all is gold that glitters. No matter how hard you may wish it to be." I stood up and held it up to the sun and saw something inside.

"Hey, there's something in there!" Silica pointed.

"A message?" Sinon wondered.

"A mystery!" Leafa was excited.

"Or just an empty bottle of rum." Klein was disappointed.

I grabbed the bottle by the neck and pulled the cork out. I then poured out the contents and it ended up being a rolled up piece of paper. I dropped the bottle and unfurled the page. Everyone else curiously got behind me in a group to look too, including Pluto who still sat atop my shoulder.

"It's a riddle." I noticed.

"Oo! I love riddles!" Leafa exclaimed.

"As do I! Let's solve it together!" Kirito cheered.

"What does it say?" Sinon came close next to me.

"A whispered secret has been told, the Land of the Lost has hidden gold." I read but I paused when I tried to read the rest.

"That's it?" Lizbeth wondered.

"The rest is... blurry." I said, puzzled.

"The Land of the Lost..." Kirito pondered.

"I wonder what that could mean..." Leafa thought deeply as well.

"Perhaps it's another island? One that may be particularly harder to find?" Asuna suggested.

"Sounds like the clearest answer." I agreed.

I thought more about it and decided we should embark further upon the waves.

"Everyone back to the ship!" I ordered.

They all began to approach the shore when I peeked back at a palm tree. I walked up and punched it hard with one fist. From it, fell three ripe coconuts for me to take along with us.

"Daddy? What are you doing?" Athena asked.

"Just grabbing some snacks for the trip, my darling. Worry not." I flew over the water and onto the ship deck itself.

"We get to have coconuts?" She flew over excitedly as a pixie.

"Yeah! We'll prepare something sweet for you." I patted her little head.

"Ready, Captain?" Sinon asked me with a smirk.

"Aye. To the Land of the Lost." I nodded.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Klein yelled just as Kirito lowered one sail.

"Oh, should I re-raise?" He asked me on the deck.

I just shook my head.

"Make him work for it." I smirked.

"Come on, Klein! You can make it!" I yelled in encouragement and the others understood what I was doing.

They all joined me and we cheered him on to make the board before we left.

"Okay! I'm coming!" Klein yelled as he sprinted with his bottle of rum.

We all kept cheering as he quickly rushed into the water and began to frantically swim. We neared the edge of the island and that's when Klein slowly climbed the ladder aboard.

"Nice! You made it!" I had a wide smile on my face.

"Alright, lower the sails." I encouraged Kirito.

"Couldn't you have... slowed down?" Klein was out of breath.

Everyone else just burst out laughing as I did the same.

"Where's the fun in that?" I smiled and took the helm as we set out once more.