𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗

𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

I was all wrapped up in something warm, but not a blanket. I squinted myself awake, turning to the side to see Cato sleeping soundly next to me. I blinked a few times, getting rid of the sleep that was keeping my eyelids heavy. 

Cato's arms were wrapped around my waist tightly, so much so it was hard to breath. Even though he was sleeping, his muscles were flexed. I watched his eyelashes bat as he slept. 

"Cato," I whispered, trying to free myself of his tight grip. 

"Cato," I repeated, this time my voice projecting slightly louder. 

"Mm," I heard a deep and sleepy mumble from him. 

"You have to let go of me." 

He must've heard me, because his grip loosened just slightly. I tried worming myself out, but it didn't work. I huffed in annoyance as he pulled me closer to him. 

I guess the only thing I could do was fall back asleep. 

***

"Clove!" A voice woke me up again. 

I rubbed my eyes for the second time today. 

"What..." I managed to spit out. 

"I just realized! We're late! We have the Academy today, too! Extra swim day!" 

I immediately jumped out of the bed. Cato's hair was fluffy and messy, and he was scrambling for his shoes. 

"Swim day? We haven't had one of those for like...three months, Cato! The Trainers never mentioned anything," I huffed as I scrambled to brush through my hair. 

"Yeah, because you were knocked out for the day, you idiot," he said through grit teeth. 

"How much longer do we have?" I said as I flattened through the wrinkles of my shirt. 

He gazed at the clock, cursing under his breath. 

"20 minutes." 

"Fuck," I mumbled as I grabbed a spare change of pants from my bag. 

He stared at me smoothening them out.

"Can you leave, Cato?" I snapped. 

I could feel his smile growing on his face, and as he stood there, I felt my eyes roll. 

I put my hands on his chest, pushing him backwards towards the door. He was much heavier than me, and I felt myself struggle as he chuckled. 

"Stop laughing!" I exclaimed, pushing him. 

"Fine, fine, Clove. I'll be downstairs." 

I closed the door, locking it quickly before he had any chance to get back through and annoy me even further. 

***

I ran down the stairs to find Cato calmly spooning what looked like oatmeal and raisin nuts. Not only that, he was watching the television, projected on the grand walls of his house. I froze, feeling myself drawn into what he was watching before I shook myself off again.