Oliver was waiting for us outside the room. He instantly came up to me and hugged me tightly. "Welcome home, Blazen!" Once he pulled back I noticed Hayden was also standing there expressionless as always. We were way too similar for my liking.

"Thanks, Oliver. I'm glad to be back. The pack grounds are just as beautiful as I remember them," I answered curtly, glancing at Hayden while I spoke. Somehow, that made him smile.

"Sounds like movie night time! My apartment!" Xander announced, rounding up all three of us.

It really was good to be home.

...

Luna called me every single day and made me walk her through my entire day. She was worried I wasn't eating enough or I was spending too much time cooped up in my room. So everyday I told her about what I ate for each meal and who I met that day. I started observing the training sessions to prepare me for taking over. Luna liked hearing that. Once and a while she'd put Alpha on the line when she had to tend to the food she was preparing. Alpha would argue with her saying she was worrying too much, but she would dismiss him by saying it's her motherly instinct.

Alpha would ask me about training and we tended to have very in depth and technical conversations until Luna snatched the phone away.

Today, Luna was bugging me about what I was wearing to the coronation since it was tonight. Her and Alpha would be attending. I told them they didn't have to, but Luna insisted that they wanted to watch me be inducted into a new pack. I think she also secretly wanted to see Xander become Alpha. She pretty much considers him her third son now, which made me pretty happy. Now that I was actually happy in life, I can feel the extent to how much my mom loves me. I probably didn't deserve her love, but I was going to enjoy it while I had it.

"Black suit and black tie, good choice. Make sure you are able to put your suit up far enough to let Xander bite your arm," she advised. I could hear her rushing around trying to get herself ready for the event.

"I already checked, I'm set. I've got to get ready now, Mom. I'll see you at seven, okay?" I placed my suit on my bed, analyzing it in its full glory.

"Okay, yes. I'll see you soon, honey! Love you!" The line went dead before I could reply. I sighed before determining I should shower. I took my time showing and shaving. I wanted to make a good first impression for my new pack.

I used a diffuser for my hair to preserve my curls, something Xander actually taught me a few weeks ago. After tugging on my multi-piece suit, I stood in front of the mirror to examine myself. For once in my life, I actually felt good. I felt attractive. I mean I've always know I had some good features, but looking in the mirror, I looked gorgeous despite my scars. My scars actually added to my mysterious aura, which was, as Oliver says, badass.

"Handsome," a voice commented from behind me. I was startled to see Lilith standing behind me in a vibrant blue dress.

I rolled my eyes, turning to face her instead of just staring at her in the mirror. "Thanks, you don't look so bad yourself," I complimented, analyzing her fitted blue dress that had a slit on the right side by her thigh. The blue made her gray eyes pop and her blonde hair look glossy.

"I know I do. I always look stunning," she claimed, flipping her curled hair behind her shoulders. "Now let's stop admiring our good genes and get going!" She clapped her hands, ushering me along.

We walked down stairs and followed the crowd who was walking toward the large, heated tent set up outside. A few people were already sitting but mostly everyone was up and about chatting.

Luna must've spotted me before I spotted her because the second I walked in, I was being tackled with a hug.

"Woah, Mom! It's only been a couple of days!" I laughed as she nearly brought me to the ground. Alpha was standing next to her, quietly smiling at our interaction.