Chapter 4

Game day. I stood in the middle of the ice rink, trying not to get too nervous. Sometimes I swear the emotions I felt weren't mine, but there was nothing I could do about it.

I looked up into the crowd to see Luna, Alpha, and a grumpy Lyle. Lyle was staring at his phone with a scowl on his face. He had obviously been dragged here by Luna.

Standing in the center circle for face off, I took a big whiff of air trying to smell my opponent. He was human. This was going to be an easy win.

...

"That last goal you made was so sick dude! You literally dodged 5 people!" Weston yelled excitedly as we changed in the locker room.

The game was rather boring. We scored so many times in the first 20 mins that I had to tell the werewolves through our mindlink to let the other team get one or two. The team had fun, and it was the perfect motivation for the rest of the season.

After swiftly changing, I jogged out of the locker room to see Luna and Alpha. As always, Luna's eyes were watering and Alpha simply looked proud. Lyle was no where to be seen, but that didn't surprise me.

Luna greeted me with open arms, hugging me tightly while Alpha just patted my back. "You played so well! I'm so proud of you!" Luna pulled back to look at me with her tear filled eyes. I looked at Alpha, silently pleading for help. He just rolled his eyes and pried her off me.

"Francesca, it was just a hockey game. You don't need to cry," Alpha playfully scowled her, but she continued to cry.

"I know," she sniffled, "but it's your last first hockey game! You're going to graduate in a few months!" She started to cry again before hugging me once more. Alpha laughed and pulled her away from me and into his arms.

I backed away a bit so she wouldn't try it again. "I'm going to go out to eat with the team if that's okay?" The question was more directed to Alpha, but Luna responded right away.

"Of course, Sweetheart! Go and celebrate!" She was a bit more cheerful now, which made me relieved. Alpha nodded, and I smiled before making my way back to the locker room.

I wasn't super close with any of the boys on the team besides Weston, but they were never rude or mean. Even the wolves. I think I earned their respect as a captain, and many of them are the warriors I train. I enjoyed spending time with them, even though they did mostly idiotic things. It was still entertaining.

We decided on a diner that was a few streets down from the rink. We all piled into a couple of the booths, filling up the right side of the restaurant. Weston and I sat down in a booth and a few other werewolves from our pack sat with us.

"Weston, that pass for the second goal was epic!" Mike shouted, even though we were only across the table. Weston perked up and started an intense conversation with them.

I was staring at the menu when I heard another one of the boys, Eric, call my name. I look up, and everyone had their eyes on me.

"Henry found his mate yesterday," Eric filled me in. I turned to Henry who was blushing.

"Oh, congratulations! Sorry my mind is so focused on food right now," I joked, putting the menu down to give the conversation my full attention. "What's their name? Girl or boy or somewhere in between?" I asked thoughtfully.

Henry's face soften slightly, giving me an almost appreciative look. "His name is Felix," he said happily. Eric and Mike looked a little confused, but I wasn't sure why. "He's from the Black Hearts pack, but he's only an omega, so he's gonna move here," he explained with a spark in his eye.

"Congratulations, Henry! I can't wait to meet him. Weston and I just started an omega self defense class last week. If he'd like to join it at some point, let me know," I explained, my joyful emotions not once flickering. I rarely sounded joyful and typically when I did, it was all an act, but in this case, I was genuinely happy for him. It did take long to realize what was happening here, though. Mike and Eric were being homophobic or maybe just annoying. And they weee surprised at how supportive I was being.