Chapter 62

Blaze's POV

Ace went back to Xander's apartment after breaking down. He didn't appear to be upset with Xander or me, more upset with the thought of his father betraying him. He didn't even stick around for Alpha to break the news to his mother, who had no idea of her husband's whereabouts. She broke down in the Alpha's office and her father had to come collect her.

I stayed at my old pack to help Lyle with cleanup. Most people openly stared at me in awe of my Alpha aura, but no one commented. I wasn't sure if everyone was just too scared of me or they just didn't understand.

Once all the bodies were burned and everyone who was displaced returned, Luna opted to cook dinner for everyone in the packhouse. Lyle and I sat quietly together at one of the benches in the corner to observe everyone. Everyone seemed back to their normal selves, but definitely more skittish of me, which I was used to anyway.

Felix was far from skittish as he tackled me with a bear hug as soon as he spotted me. Lyle growled lowly, causing Felix to take a polite step back. Henry was by his side, looking confused as he stared at me.

"I'm glad Vance is finally dead. I always hated him. He used to yell at us for eating blueberries off the bushes," Felix announced, scowling at nothing. I laughed lightly remembering the man shouting at us.

"Wasn't the worst thing he did to me, but I'm happy I could put your anger to rest, Felix," I said, returning to my emotionless self. Felix still smiled nonetheless.

"So are you an Alpha or something?" Henry asked, drawing our attention to him. Lyle stiffened next to me, probably just realizing our close proximity.

Felix squinted at his mate and hit him on the side of the head. "Ow! What was that for?"

"For being stupid! You've met Xander before. You didn't put two and two together? They are literally identical!" Felix yelled, causing a few other pack members to glance our way.

"I thought they were just brothers or cousins or something? I don't know!" Henry offered.

To end his misery, I decided to interrupt them. "Xander is my twin brother. We actually share a wolf, Apollo. You probably noticed that we can combine into one wolf earlier?" Henry nodded. "Since we have one wolf, that's why we can do that. Once Xander took his position as Alpha, the power was also transferred to me, so technically I am also an Alpha of Black Heart. I don't care for titles too much, though." By the end of the explanation, a few other people had gathered around to listen. All of them had big, round eyes as they processed the information that the boy they mocked for years is actually a very powerful Alpha.

"That rogue Alpha had kidnapped you, right?" Henry inquired. I nodded. "And that's how you ended up here?" I nodded again. "Wow, that's a crazy story... I guess it's a relief to get you revenge then, huh?"

I hummed, glancing at Lyle who was stiff next to me, his shoulder practically pressing against mine. I was surprised no one took notice of it yet, but I'm sure Luna would if she walked by.

"We aren't done with our revenge yet," Lyle murmured just loud enough for the crowd to hear. I could feel the room get slightly more tense at his words, and suddenly, I wasn't so interesting anymore.

"Oh," was all Henry managed. "Well, good luck with that," he stated uncomfortably before pulling away a smiley Felix to go meet his family.

Rarely anyone approached us after that, and if they did, it was because they had to mention something to Lyle. The Omegas were clearly less afraid around me compared to the other wolves, probably because they have always been respectful towards me and had nothing to worry about. They also seemed to enjoy the fact that the pack "rogue" was now an Alpha. It was a big "fuck you" to anyone who was pompous enough to treat me like crap.