Chapter 38

Narrator's POV

Both of them ran and followed the crow's directions to the Upper Moon 2. Rengoku went the other way to save the demon doctor, Tamayo. So it was only Tanjiro and Giyuu.

"We're almost there. Prepare." the crow instructed.

He was always been prepared since the fight begun. Giyuu wondered if she is still alive. They sensed a powerful presence of a demon. Tanjiro smelled blood and the scent of his friends. Both of them kicked the wooden door and jumped in unison.

Dance of the Fire God: Clear Blue Sky

Water Breathing, Eighth Form: Waterfall Basin

Douma hissed in pain as he received a cut from Tanjiro. He jumped backwards, aware of Giyuu's presence.

"Shinobu-san, are you okay?" Tanjiro asked her.

Giyuu came to her side, embraced her gently, "...Shinobu. I'm glad you're still alive."

"Oh, since when did I give you my permission to call me by my first name, Tomioka-san?" she smiled wearily at him. Her breaths were uneven. Giyuu rested his chin on top of her forehead.

"You... don't have to fight anymore. Leave that demon to us." Shinobu grimaced at his statement.

"No, he's the one who killed my sister. I will kill him even it cost my life" her brows furrowed.

"I refuse, I won't let him kill you. Just rest outside and wait for us." Giyuu replied in a calm tone.

"Why? This is totally out of your business. I can still fight" she gritted her teeth at the pain she felt and the anger aroused inside her.

"Don't be stubborn. You're barely breathing, so stop and trust us to this."

"Why?! TELL ME WHY?!" Giyuu hushed her.

"Don't shout, it'll make the pain worse."

"Why?" she whispered.

"The girls are waiting for you to come back safe with Tsuyuri. They must be worrying now, praying for you amd Tsuyuri to be alive. You're strong but you already reached your limit. Trust us to this. I'll bring his head to you. I promise." Giyuu carried her outside and told his crow to send Yushiro for Shinobu's treatment.

She stared at him, tears creeps in the corner of her eyes. Sparkled with gratefulness and worry. And because of that, Giyuu gave her a reassuring smile.

"We'll come back. Wait for Yushiro" he said before going back in the room.

The three demon slayers lowered themselves a stance, reading and preparing for the enemy's counterattack. Douma smirked as he saw Giyuu.

"How sweet of you, mister swordsman." Douma' s veins popped out from his temple, arms and neck. Swinging his arms to spread the ice mist around the room.

Beast Breathing, Tenth Fang: Whirling Fangs

Inosuke rapidly spins his swords in a circular motion, deflecting Douma's attacks.

"Tsuyuri, you'll cut his head, we will cover for you" Giyuu instructed the flower breath user.

"Roger" she responded.

"HEY! LET ME CUT HIS HEAD TOO!! HE KILLED MY MOTHER" Inosuke shouted.

"Very well then. Let's go, Tanjiro" Giyuu commanded as they ran towards Douma. While Inosuke and Kanao followed behind them.

Blood Demon Art: Crystalline Divine Child

The ice came out from his fans and formed like him.