Chapter 31

Giyuu's POV

Where am I?

Am I...dead?

Is this hell?

The boys

Sano

Shinobu..

I curiously moved my head from side to side as I scanned the whole place. I found nothing but darkness. Walking through the midst of darkness trying to figure out this place. It was all empty and black. Then later, the place turn out to be cold sending shivers down to my spine. I stomped on something soft yet cold. Looking down to know what it is.

Snow?

Wrapping my arms around me, rubbing the sides of my arms to keep myself warm but it wasn't enough. I can see my breath as I heave a heavy sigh. It's so cold just like the day my sister died.

Dark. Cold. Empty. As my heart.

I continued to walk until I spotted a house. My eyes widened when I realise that it was my house.

Nee-san!!

Nee-san is alive!!

I rushed to the house never minding the coldness of winter. When I get to the front door, slide it open and there she is, lying peacefully on the floor and.... she snores loudly. My tears creeps on the edge of my eyes threatening to fall. She then woke up and glanced at me. I just stood there unable to move. She offered me a soft smile that'd make me so happy.

I'm so happy yet.... sad.

So happy that she's alive and smiling at me yet I feel sadness inside me, I don't know why. She spread her arms offering a hug.

"Welcome home, Giyuu" the sound of her voice is so soft and warm. I rushed to her welcoming arms, wrapping my arms around her. Tears of joy came out from my eyes, guilt inside me has grown bigger.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry for being weak, for not being able to protect you. I... missed you so much" I cried out to her out of guilt, hugging her tightly. I can feel her smile on my shoulder. Someone suddenly burst in the door. A scent of a demon came to my senses positioned myself into a defense stance. I won't let it kill my sister, not again. My sister gripped tightly on my haori. I glanced at my sister, her smile breaks my heart. It was soft and heart breaking silently saying her farewell through her smile.

No. No. No.

My chest suddenly becomes heavy like an iron anvil.

Please, don't go too far away from me.

Unfortunately, it didn't came out from my mouth.

"It's okay now, Giyuu. Go back, the others are waiting for you especially Shinobu" my sister said, tears streamed down on her face.

"No!! I'm staying here with you" I begged her to let me stay with her. She shook her head, bangs danced along with the motion. Cupping my face, our foreheads touched. I looked at her, tears blurred my sight.

"I will always be with you, Giyuu" she slowly began to fade.

"Nee-san, please don't go" I whispered but it was not loud enough for her to hear. Suddenly, darkness pulled me away from that place, my home. Wisteria trees appeared before my eyes dancing along with the wind, pleasant scent creeps into my nostrils as I inhaled. The night was young, the moon shined its light. It was beautiful. A woman appeared beside me. I glanced at the certain woman standing beside me.

"Isn't the moon lovely?" I heard her say those words.

"....Shinobu" I mumbled her name. She can't hear me because I only mumbled her name in a low voice and continued to stare at the moon. I wonder what is the meaning behind those words she always saying.

"Tomioka-san, isn't the moon lovely?" she queried not giving me a single glance. It was annoying of her to ask me the same question.

"Yes, it is indeed lovely" I wasn't looking at the moon but at her. I've always admired her like a painting, more than a painting. A smile tugged on my lips as I stare at her admirable features. A Goddess that can be admired by everyone. An angel that can give light and hope to others. If a man can have her sure is lucky. A man that can take care of her, making her warm and cozy and making her smile that is not fake but real and genuine. I love her so much but I don't how to express it. I'm a hopeless man who is hated by everyone... I guess. As I walk a few steps closer to her, darkness pulled us apart again. I tried to reach her but she didn't respond and got devoured by darkness.

I'm so lonely.

I stare blankly at the darkness feeling empty and cold inside. Minutes later, my best friend showed up in front of me.

Sabito

He looked at me with those kind eyes again with his sad smile. I really wished that I was be-

"Stop thinking such thoughts, Giyuu" he said, a frown drawn on his but later faded and changed into a smile. Yeah right, I was being immature again. I scoffed at my immaturity. Sabito walked a few steps towards me and suddenly, he pushed me so hard as the world of darkness fall apart. The light blinds my sight as I fell.

I felt myself twitched after I fell from that dream. It was strange, really, really strange. No wonder I felt sad seeing my sister, it was all a dream. The bandage on my left eye reminds me that the Eye didn't wear off. I scanned the whole place, it was good as new. I thought of Shinobu first then the boys.

Are they okay? I worriedly thought because that battle almost lost their own lives. Sano was defeated and their plan failed. I sighed in relief. The door widely opened, a figure appeared. She was holding a paper and a pen.

"Aoi" I whispered her name. I saw her eyes widened when she heard me. She turned her gaze to me, shocked mixed with relief.

"Tomioka-sama, how are you feeling?" she went to me placing her palm at my forehead. I didn't answer her. She was about to speak when one of her sisters called her out announcing that Inosuke is awake. She quickly ran out of the room leaving me, well, I don't mind.

"I'M HUNGRY!!!" I heard the boar head's shout. I just smiled in amusement. Hearing him makes me sigh in relief. They're okay, I'm glad.
The last person I thought now is Shinobu.

Where is she?