Chapter 30

Narrator's POV

1 Month has passed after the fight between Giyuu and Sano.

Urokodaki Sakonji walkes through the hallway of the newly built Butterfly Estate, the walls are newly painted, new doors, and freshly paint white ceilings. He finally reached Giyuu's room, white bandages covered his entire upper body, and his face was pale as a floating cloud. A month has passed he's still lying on this bed. Urokodaki glanced at the woman beside Giyuu, sleeping in a sitting position, her head was placed beside Giyuu's while holding his hand. Urokodaki was grateful that he survived after the hard and intense battle against Sano, he placed his wrinkled hand to Giyuu's leg and tears of joy streaming down from his eyes. Shinobu noticed his presence and woke up.

"Oh, Urokodaki-san, good afternoon" she gave him a weak smile.

"How is he?" the old man asked.

"He's fine, his wounds are slowly healing but something miracle happened" she stated.

The old man turned his gaze to the lady, "Miracle?" she nodded.

"He lost a lot of blood but he survived. I really thought that I'm going to lose him forever" a tear fell from her lovely purple eyes.

"It's not just you. Me and the others too" he gently pat the lady's back then pulled his hand back.

"Those boys? How are they?" he questioned.

"Their situation are the same as him, fine yet unconscious" she said, her tone was sad.

"Is that so?" tears continued to fall. "I'm grateful that these boys are still alive, thank you for taking care of them, Kochou-sama" she just smiled at him. Silence filled the room, few minutes has passed the old man began to spoke.

"Giyuu was a teenager the moment I met him, my old friend brought him to me and said that he found Giyuu lying on the snow" Shinobu turned to the old teacher, a question can be read from her face.

"He ran away" he stated.

"Why?" Shinobu questioned.

"He told me that his older sister was killed by a demon before the day of her marriage. He told the people but no one believed him, they think that he was crazy and sent him to his relative who's a doctor and after that he ran away until he fainted in the mountains" he said, looking at his former student sadly.

'I can't believe he has a sister' Shinobu thought.

"The name of his older sister was Tomioka Tsutako" the old man added.

"Where are his parents?" she asked curiously.

"They died by the cause of illness" her eyes widened at his statement. Poor soul she thought.

"By the time I appointed him as my student, he met his fellow student and became his best friend, Sabito. That boy help Giyuu moved on from his sister's death. The light of his eyes was so bright, much more brighter than the sun, a kind and cheerful kid he was. I can still hear them laughing inside my head" the old man chuckled lightly then continued "but when the final selection came, I was so sad. I don't want them to join because I don't want any one of my children dies again including Tanjiro. Giyuu survived and Sabito died. He always blames himself that he couldn't protect him including his older sister. Starting that day, the light of his eyes died and acts cold around everyone. The fate was so cruel to him, thinking himself weak and trained everyday, that he could" his face saddened at the memory. Shinobu didn't say anything to the old man. All of them has tragic stories including hers. Her pure happiness has taken away by the enemy, her beloved sister and her wonderful parents. Images of her parent's and her sister's smile appeared right before her eyes, then the image of them dead made her clench her teeth, chest tightened and became heavy like a ball made of steel and a chain tied to her chest.

She imagined Giyuu cried in front of his sister killed by a demon. Poor soul she sadly thought. The old man stood up, making her pull out from her thoughts.

"It's great seeing him here, alive" he removed his mask revealing his soft features, wrinkles layered on his forehead, he looked at Shinobu with his softest and kindest eyes, he smiled.
At first, when he visited Giyuu and the boys, she was curious what's he looked like. Most old people has narrowing eyes, you can see the strict attitude right through its face but Urokodaki-san was different. She didn't know why did he remove his mask but seeing his real face can pull her out of curiosity to this old man.

He put his mask back and glanced at Giyuu.

"Kochou-sama, please cover his left eye before we wakes up. I'll go visit those boys" he bowed politely at the Lady and went to Tanjiro and the others. She was curious again but she just shake it off her thoughts and went to her office to get the bandages, came back to Giyuu's room wrapping the bandage around his left part of its head. She held his hand close to her face whispering prayers.

Two months passed, Tomioka and the others are still lying peacefully on the white comfy bed. Shinobu was worried but when she checked them, they are absolutely fine. The girls are worried about them, the Lady always give them reassurance to calm themselves but she had some doubts deep down in her heart, a worried frown formed her porcelain face.

Crow cawed signaling to go to her long term mission with Kanao, far far away from her beloved home. Putting her sister's haori around her delicate shoulders, placing the sword in her white belt and lastly, a smile tugged in her lips so that no one will notice how worried and sad she was. A smile that everyone sees should not fade. Everyone would get worried if it does.

Walking through the hallway of her estate, for the one last time, she went to Giyuu's room just to check on him. His skin as pale as a cloud floating up the sky. She wanted to stay with him until he wakes up but the important comes first, the people's happiness. The one she promised to protect. Holding both of his hands close to her lips, she kissed his knuckles and whispered prayers. Kanao appeared behind her.

"Master, we should go" Kanao said, informing her master. The flower breath user stayed Tanjiro's side waiting for him to wake up but he didn't opened his eyes not even once. She thinks that he wakes up when she's asleep at night but it was just her thoughts. Her master stood up, not uttering a single word at her tsuguko, she just smiled at her.

The girls hugged their beloved older sisters, three little girls teared up and Aoi was worried for their long term mission. They waved their hands as they walk far from home.

Tomioka-san, I'll see you soon