Chapter 6

Giyuu's POV

The three little girls gave us onigiris and it was delicious. I wonder if Kocho can make something like this.

"Tomioka-san" Tanjiro called me.

"What is it?" I glanced at him.

"Did you give something to Shinobu-san?"

"Yes, I gave her purple flowers. I just saw it in a shop and it was really beautiful. It reminds me of her so I decided to buy it and give it to her" I said without thinking.

"Did she like it?" asked Tanjiro.

"She said she appreciate it" my heart starts to race when I think about her beautiful face lit by the moon and her genuine smile.

"Well, at least she appreciate it" said Tanjiro, continues eating his onigiri.

"Hey, Tomioka-san, what do you think about women? Do you know anything about it?" Zenitsu asked, excitedly waiting for my answer.

'Woman' I thought then a memory popped into my mind.

"Giyuu" Hitori-san called.

"What is it, Hitori-san?" we sat down beside the fishpond in front of the house.

"I must tell you to respect a woman who deserves to be respected" I don't understand of what he said. I was just a kid who knows nothing about women.

"What do you mean, Hitori-san?" I looked up to him and he was smiling at me. A heart warming smile.

"I know you know nothing about women because you're still a kid but mark my words and you'll understand someday, Giyuu"

"But I wanted to understand it right now, Hitori-san" He chuckled and patted my head.

"I'll tell you next time, Giyuu"

I know what it means now, Hitori-san.

"Tomioka-san?" I snapped back to reality, the three of them looked at me with concern.

"Tomioka-san, are you okay? You spaced out a while ago" Tanjiro asked me.

"To answer your question, Zenitsu. I know nothing about women but I respect who deserves to be respected" I said while looking down.

"Then, what do you think about Shinobu-san?" Zenitsu asked.

"Kocho is strong and an amazing woman, so I respect her" I said while unconsciously smile.

"You should smile more, mismatched haori. It looks good on you" I was surprised by his compliment.

"Really? And call me Tomioka. If I didn't wear my haori today, what would you call me?"

"Hmmm.. Mismatched haori" he said with a cheeky grin. Inosuke has good looks but I don't care. I untied him when he the girls brought a tray of onigiris. I sighed of what he said. Then, the crow suddenly entered and saying that I have a joint mission with Kocho at the east. I got up from the bed and headed out from the estate. Kocho is out today, buying herbs at the town. Suddenly, someone called behind me and I know who it is.

"Tomioka-san, wait for me"she came beside me and we continued walking in silence. Then, she broke it.

"Yoo hoo, Tomioka-san, how are you?" she said while poking my arm. I mentally sighed. This is gonna be a long day of teasing.

"Tomioka-san, are you listening to me?"

"Even though you smiled yesterday, you still didn't change"

"Since you're not responding, can I poke you with my sword, Tomioka-san?" I glanced at her and give her an annoyed look while she gave me an annoyed smile with veins popping on her forehead. I didn't give her an answer until..

"This is why no one likes you, Tomioka-san"

I finally answered "I'm... not disliked by people"

"I asked you many questions but you didn't respond any of them except this one, how rude of you, Tomioka-san" I just shrugged.

We reached our destination and start looking for clues. Kocho told me to stick with her since I'm suck at socializing people. Then, we decided to take an inn for rest. When we entered the inn, the woman receptionist look directly at me. She blushed at me, while I just look at her blankly.

"Hello, we would like to take two rooms for the night please" Kocho said with her casual smile.

"O-Okay" the receptionist stuttered and hands us the keys. She told us what room we're in and headed there. I can still feel the receptionist's eyes on me and it creeps me.

"Tomioka-san, let's meet downstairs later" she said, her back facing me.

"Okay then" I said and headed inside the room.