Chapter 1

(Time skip after battling with upper moon 6)

Tanjiro's POV

That battle was intense. I'm starting to recover and making myself rest. I went outside the butterfly mansion for a walk and to get some fresh air and I saw Tomioka-san leaning against the tree. I went to him and greet him.

"Tomioka-san, Good Morning" then I bowed to him.

"Tanjiro, how are your injuries?" he asked.

"It's still painful but I'm okay" I answered. "So what are you doing here, Tomioka-san?" I asked him, curious of what's he doing here. Maybe he waited for Lady Shinobu.

"I came here to check on you and those two friend of yours"

"We're fine, Tomioka-san but may I ask why?"

"Nothing, that's all" he sat down then he looked up to the sky. I sat down beside him and do the same. I looked at him directly to his eyes. I sniffed and I can tell that behind in his expressionless face, there's sadness in it.

"Tomioka-san, there's something I wanted to ask you"

"What is it?"

"Why are you sad?" I asked in a concern tone. He stood up and stare back at the sky.

"I know that you have a strong sense of smell but it's none of your concern" he answered me coldly.

"But-"

"Go back inside and rest, Tanjiro" he's starting to walk away, I stared at his back until he disappeared in my sight. I sighed and go back inside the estate. I can't stop thinking about Tomioka-san.

'Why is he sad? Maybe I can ask Shinobu-san about him' I thought.

I went to Shinobu-sama's office, I knocked three times and she let me in.

"Oh my, what brings you here today, Tanjiro? You're not injured, aren't you? Come and sit" she said with a soothing voice and a smile as usual.

"I wanted to ask you about something, Shinobu-sama. It's about Tomioka-san" her smile began to fade when I mentioned him.

"What about him? Is there something wrong?" she said with a concern in her voice.

"Um, If you know about his past, please tell me"

"Oh, I'm sorry I can't, Tanjiro. I know nothing about him even though we had joint missions together, he won't just talk unless I annoy him" she said with a sad smile. "You can go to his estate. And my advice for you is don't stop talking and follow him wherever he goes, okay?"

I stood up and said "Yes, I will and thank you for the advice, Shinobu-san. " I bowed and exited her office. Before I go to his estate, I'll check first those two. I entered the room and greet them.

"Zenitsu, Inosuke, what's up?"

"Monjiro, where have you been?"

"TANJIRO!!" he came to me and hugged me.

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing"

"Monjiro, what is the name of the king of demons?"

"WHAT? YOU DON'T KNOW? YOU'RE A DEMON SLAYER BUT YOU DON'T KNOW?" Zenitsu yelled.

"Ah, his name is Kibutsuji Muzan. You must remember that, Inosuke." he stopped for a while then he stood up on the bed and yelled.

"NYAHAHAHAHAHA I'LL TRAIN HARD TO BEAT MITSUBISHI KAZAN" he ran outside the room and goes to the backyard to do some push ups. And suddenly, Aoi chased him to stop training. I sighed when I hear Aoi's voice, shouting at Inosuke. I turned to Zenitsu.

"Zenitsu, I'll be off to Tomioka-san's estate, please watch over Nezuko for me" his face brightened and flushed. "But don't do stupid things to her, Zenitsu" I warned him seriously.

"Yes, Tanjiro. I'll make sure that no one will lay finger on Nezuko except me." he exclaimed. I sighed and go to Tomioka-san's estate.