Chapter 41

"No," Miranda grumbled before biting your neck again, earning a soft groan from you. "This is what you get for calling me clingy."

"This isn't much of a punishment, you know."

"I'll move away from you," You hummed out, shuddering when she growled and pinned you to the bed. "We're at Alcina's castle, they'll all hear everything!"

Miranda glared down at you for a moment before she buried herself in your neck again. "You're not allowed to move."

"Understood."

You fought back a giggle as she laid next to you again, holding you as close as possible. She planted lazy kisses on your neck, bringing a content smile to your face as you ran your fingers through her hair. Miranda let out a content sigh after a few moments, her wings stretching out and covering both of you. You began ghosting your fingers over her feathers, giggling when she began purring — knowing she tried her best to hide that she could purr.

Miranda's head shifted slightly so she could watch you run your fingers through her feathers. You noticed her wings fluff up before there was a quick shake of her feathers, a confused expression quickly taking over your features. A pink hue coated her cheeks and she buried her face in your neck again, muttering something in Romanian that you had to strain to hear.

"Ignora ce tocmai s-a intamplat.  Nu vreau să vorbesc despre asta."

"...Miranda, what the fuck are you saying?"

She went silent for a moment, her hands gripping your shirt in a vice-like grip. "Ignore what just happened... I don't want to talk about it."

"Miranda," You hummed before kissing her head. "I wasn't going to question it — I figured you'd explain it to me whenever you're ready."

Miranda stayed silent for a moment before she shifted and connected her lips with yours, bringing a smile to your face as you returned the kiss, snaking your arms around her neck. You let her deepen the kiss, entangling your fingers in her hair and fighting the smile that threatened to show up when you heard the light flapping of her wings. She slipped her knee between your legs and you felt her left hand slip under your shirt, causing you to break the kiss and send her a warning glare.

"I know it's mating season," You started and let out a soft groan when her lips immediately connected to your neck. "But we can't do this here."

"I can rile you up," Miranda mused, nibbling on your pulse point once she found it. "That way you're just as needy as I am by the time we get home."

"Mira—." You bit the inside of your cheek to hold in a moan when she bit your neck, a low breath leaving you once she started kissing the mark. "You're evil."

"I'm needy, not evil."

"No, you're definitely evil."

Miranda laughed quietly and trailed her kisses to your collarbone, her left hand cupping your breast soon after. You squirmed under her, trying to not focus on her touches and kisses so you didn't make a sound, even though you were sure that the vampires could hear your racing heart. A low growl left Miranda when she realized you were holding back all of your sounds, her blue eyes locking with yours and allowing you to see how clouded they were with desire.

She had told you about this season and how much she hated it, but you didn't realize how needy she really became during this season. Now that you could see the desire in her eyes, you knew you'd have to take care of her needs once you get home. You pulled her in for another kiss, letting a soft moan leave you when she pressed her knee closer to your core, deciding to let her know you were enjoying her touch. Miranda smiled into the kiss before she pulled away and laid down again, holding you against her so you could now rest your head on her chest.