Chapter 11

"Still don't trust me?"

"No. But hopefully after today, I can remove that pesky collar and give you a better one. One that you'll enjoy too."

"I doubt it." You sighed out, flinching when her eyes narrowed at you. "I-I mean... I'm sure I will."

She released your face handed you a change of clothes, keeping her eyes on you. You cleared your throat as you took the clothes, muttering a soft Thank you before trying to walk to the bathroom. Keyword: trying. Miranda wouldn't let you.

"Change here." She ordered, scanning over your form.

"I-In front of you?"

"Is that a problem?"

I'm... not sure.

"N-no... not at all." You muttered and removed your nightgown, trying to ignore her gaze.

Once you were dressed again, you cleared your throat and glanced at her, trying to ignore the fact that her pupils were dilated. Her eyes locked with yours and she turned around, exiting the room after commanding you to follow her. You hesitantly followed her, noticing she had somehow changed without you seeing.

Well, that's unfair.

When you were at her side again, she grabbed your wrist and began leading you outside, the winter air hitting your exposed skin and making you shiver. You moved closer to Miranda afterwards, ignoring the quiet chuckle from her.

"Close your eyes." She ordered, holding you closer. "Don't open them until I say."

"I'm putting a lot of trust in you right now." You grumbled, shutting your eyes like she said.

Miranda released your wrist, only to wrap her arm around your waist and pull you closer. The sound of wings flapping soon reached your ears and after a brief moment of silence, you were told to open your eyes again. You slowly opened your eyes, taking in the rundown church the two of you were in.

"So you can use that power but I can't?" You scoffed out, a smirk on your face as you looked at her.

"Correct." She hummed, returning the smirk and never removing her arm from around your waist. "The others should be here soon."

Yeah, and after this fucking meeting I can get this collar off.

"The sooner, the better." You murmured, glancing at the door as it swung open.

A low growl rose in your throat when your eyes landed on Karl Heisenberg, causing Miranda's grip on you to tighten and keep you in place. When he noticed your presence, he let out a laugh and walked towards the two of you.

"I see Miranda's keeping her pet at her side. I can't say I blame her — you are an interesting one. Not to mention you probably want to run away, at least the fox boy seems to like it with me."

"I'll kill you." You growled out, struggling against Miranda's hold. "Annoying bastard."

"At least someone hates him as much as I do." A voice called out, making your gaze shift to the tall lady.

Her beauty still took you by surprise, your mouth hanging open slightly. A low growl came from beside you as a hand forced your jaw shut, making you glance over at Miranda. She wasn't looking at you, but you could tell she was angry.

Well... This gives me an idea.

"I don't know how my brother tolerates him." You sighed out, offering a warm smile to the lady. "I don't believe I ever got your name, my lady."

"Ah, I see you've finally calmed down since I last saw you," She chuckled, taking a seat shortly after sending Heisenberg a glare. "I am lady Alcina Dimitrescu. But you will call me lady Dimitrescu or my lady."

"I understand, lady Dimitrescu." You hummed, bowing slightly to her. "Wouldn't want to upset or disrespect a lady such as yourself."

Miranda's grip tightened once more, pulling you even closer and making you internally smirk. If she was going to tease you last night, you were going to do something to rile her up as well. Lady Dimitrescu eyed the two of you and chuckled, sending a knowing wink.

Good, she'll go along with it.

You sent her a small smirk, ignoring Miranda's warning growl. The last two lords entered and the meeting started — filled with chatter that you didn't really care about as well as you and lady Dimitrescu stealing glances at each other. When the meeting was over, you sent a glare to Heisenberg as he left before sending a charming smile to lady Dimitrescu.

"My lady," You bowed to her, ignoring Miranda's glare. "Hopefully one day we'll be able to meet outside of these meetings. I'd love to get to know you better."

"As would I." She hummed out, glancing over at Miranda for a split moment. "And I'm sure my daughters would love to meet you as well."

"Daughters?" You inquired, a newfound interest in the lady. "What are their names?"

"Bela, Cassandra, and Daniela."

"They sound lovely," You beamed up at her, clasping your hands together in front of you. "Try to get here early next meeting, I'll want to talk more then and learn about them. If I'll be staying here, I might as well know the residents of the village."

"Perhaps I will arrive early next meeting," Lady Dimitrescu hummed, making her way to the exit. "Until next time, little one."

"Until next time, lady Dimitrescu."

After she ducked out of the building, Miranda guided you out — practically dragging you. You internally smirked as she silently pulled you along, noticing her jaw clench every so often. When the two of you returned to her house, she slammed the door and pulled you into the bedroom.

"Something wrong?" You asked innocently, tilting your head at her when she didn't respond. "You seem tense. Would you like a massage?"

Her eyes narrowed at you as she released your wrist, removing the collar and tossing it aside. When her eyes locked with yours, your heart skipped a beat.

"Don't. Leave. I'll be right back." She growled out, storming out of the room.

You stared after her, a smirk curling onto your face as you waited for her to return. Once she came back, she stalked over to you. With each step she took, you took one back until your knees hit the bed frame.

"Miranda..?" You breathed out, watching her stop in front of you.

Miranda said nothing as she shoved you onto the bed, straddling you shortly after. You opened your mouth to speak before noticing her lean down, clasping something around your neck. You brought a hand up to your neck, fingers brushing over leather.

She looped a finger under the collar and pulled you towards her, eyes clouded with lust and anger as her other hand brushed over a part of the collar.

"What part of 'You're mine', don't you understand?"

"What? She's hot." You shrugged, glancing away from her.

"Oh really? And what about me? The woman you've been drooling over lately." She growled out, her lips ghosting over yours.

"You're just the crazy bitch that kidnapped me. I'd much rather belong to Alcina."

"I'll make you change your mind." She growled before connecting your lips, nails digging into your flesh.