Chapter 6

"Let's go." She ordered, walking out of the room.

You followed close behind, not wanting to upset her and end up losing the ability to speak to Basil.

After a while of walking, the two of you reached a lab, your eyes scanning everything. When your gaze landed on a cage, however, you tensed up and took a hesitant step back. Your step back caught the attention of Miranda, making her turn to face you.

"Something wrong, little chick?" She grinned, walking towards you. "Are you afraid of something in here?"

Your gaze snapped to hers and you immediately shook your head, trying to calm your racing heart as her metallic nails scrapped your cheeks, her hand gripping your jaw. Her cold, sky blue eyes softened for a brief moment at your terrified state, a low sigh passing her pink lips.

"Why must you lie to me?" She grumbled, tightening her hold and making you wince. "Do you want to go in the cage?"

Your heart nearly stopped at her question, your throat becoming dry as you shook your head immediately, tears stinging your eyes.

"All you have to do is obey me and you won't ever have to go in it. Understand?"

You nodded as best you could, relaxing a bit when she released your jaw, taking deep breaths to calm yourself down. Miranda moved to a different room before returning with someone, laying them down on the metal table and moving about the room.

You watched her work in silence, occasionally getting her something she would ask for but otherwise, you stayed far from the table. This went on for hours — she'd have you write down names and results, most ending in death. It made you terrified of her and what she could do — of whatever that thing was she giving them as well. The only time the tests stopped were when she decided to make you something to eat — which you hesitantly did after she assured you it wasn't poisoned.

A few hours later and the two of you made your way back to her home just outside of the village. You were glad it was outside of the village, that way you weren't surrounded by death and monsters all night — you just had to share a bed with one. Then again, most would call you a monster as well.

"How was it?" She asked once the two of you were inside, sky blue eyes scanning your form.

"I don't wanna go back..." You muttered softly, your gaze on the floor. "Ever."

"You'll get used to it." Miranda cooed, moving closer to you. "Just like you'll get used to me and being with me."

You backed away from her until your back hit the wall, a soft whimper leaving you when her hands rested on either side of your head. You were cornered and didn't know how to get out of this situation. She leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss under your ear, making you tense immediately.

"You'll be a good girl for me, won't you?" She asked softly, her tongue dragging over the shell of your ear.

No.

"Y-yes." You whispered out, squeezing your eyes shut.

"Good," She mused, the sound of her walking away made you relax. "We don't need you being bad and getting punished, that wouldn't make either of us happy."

You took a shaky breath and opened your eyes, watching her move around with grace. If she hadn't have kidnapped you, you probably would've found her to be very attractive — well, you do find her to be very attractive but you won't let yourself admit that. She kidnapped you and took you away from the only family you'd ever had.

"Come, pet." She ordered and you immediately made your way over to her, ignoring the heat that went to your core at her commanding voice.

No. No. You're not in love with your kidnapper, stop feeling these things.

"Good girl." She cooed once you were at her side, making you bite the inside of your cheek to ignore the butterflies in your stomach. "It's time to bathe."

You nodded and made your way to the bathroom, running water before glancing back at her. Her eyes were trained on you as she stepped forward, smooth fingers coming under your chin and tilting your head up more. Something flashed in her eyes before a smirk tugged at the corner of her mouth, her thumb gently brushing over your bottom lip.

"You're so pretty." She hummed out, tapping her thumb on your lip. "Open."

You whimpered softly but did as she told, glad she removed her metallic nails before this. She slid her thumb over your lip and you wrapped your lips around it, sucking and swirling your tongue around it. A satisfied gleam danced in her eyes as she slowly removed her thumb, glancing at the water in the tub.

"That should be enough." At her words, you shut off the water and stood up. "Oh no, we'll be bathing together."

Your eyes widened at her words and an anger rose in you, your eyes narrowing at the priestess. "Like hell we are! I'm not bathing with you—."

A sharp pain followed by your head snapping to the left and a loud smack made you realize what happened. She hit you. Again. With a low growl, you turned your gaze towards her and shoved her into the wall, not caring what would happen next.

"You don't get to do that every time I say something you don't like!" You yelled out, wrapping a hand around her throat. "If I'm going to be forced to stay here, I get a say in what I'm able to do!"

Her eyes narrowed at you and with a flick of her wrist, you were tossed into a wall, a soft groan leaving you. She slowly stalked over to you before bending down and grabbing your face, her eyes as cold as ice.

"Looks like you're going in the cage tomorrow."

—————
it's been a while since i've updated this!
i think i have an idea of the direction i want this to go in and i'll be trying to update this story more often.
i do have a lot of stories (that a lot of people want updated frequently) that you can read if this is your first of mine that you are reading!