Recreate and Reignite

Começar do início

Jaanvi's POV :

Sometimes I really get a doubt how did Papa allow this idiot to become the CFO. His last moment planning really irritates me. Once we were done packing, I called Nia if she can clear my schedules for two days. Since there wasn't any important meetings I could manage to have two days off.

We discussed about the trip on the breakfast table and Mumma and Papa were happy about it. This is probably the first time we are traveling as a couple, on our own without their threats, so obviously they were happy to see the progress in our relationship. Ved went to office and I rechecked the luggage and helped Mumma with lunch. Ved came back for lunch and we started our journey at 2 in the noon. At first he started riding and after sometime he let me handle. Though I haven't touched the vehicle in a long time, I quickly adapted to balancing it and I loved riding it already. Memories of our college days flashed in my mind and a smile made its way to my lips.

Around 4, we took a short coffee break and Ved got a call and all he was bit upset about it.
"What happened?"
I asked the obvious question.
"There's a slight change in the plan actually. Our client is currently in Chikamagalur. They are planning to acquire a resort so they went for discussions. So we can meet them there"
"Ohh, but are they available if we go there? Like, can we meet them if we go to that resort? "
"I think we can meet them in the morning. So we need to reach the resort by night and stay there "
"But what about our stay? "
"They booked us a cottage for tonight's stay. So we don't have to worry"
"Fine then. Since we have time let's explore Belur and Halebeed today. We can go the resort later at night. We need to adapt to client conditions na"
"If you are ok with it, then I don't have any issues "
"No issues let's go"
His smile was back in his face.
Have I ever told you all that my idiot husband has the most alluring smile? if not, then please note it down now, ok.

We resumed our journey and I loved the way air kissed my hair as the journey progressed. My hands found its way to his shoulder unknowingly and it felt perfect. When he started teaching me to ride a bike I always had a dream of going on a long ride with him and today I'm ticking a wish in my bucket list.

We reached Belur at 6 and we started exploring the famous Belur temple. It is really an aesthetic beauty. After spending some time there, we headed to Halebeedu, one more tourist attraction of Hassan. Those are the proofs of human imagination and the rich cultural heritage of our state. Though I have visited both Belur and Halebeedu earlier, having Ved by my side made it much more special.

We reached our resort by 8 and surprisingly it was the same resort we stayed when we came to camping during our college days. It has changed a lot, still our memories were fresh. It felt nostalgic to walk through the same path to reach our cottage. This time we stayed in a small private cottage.

We freshened up and had our dinner through room service. We called home to let them know about our safe arrival. Both of us took out our laptops and sat for a while and talked about work. Though we had travelled so much we didn't feel tiredness. So when Ved asked me for a walk I readily agreed.

When we took the stone path leading to lake, all those sweet memories hit me hard and I realized it was actually my birthday in few minutes but Ved was talking about the plans of resort while walking. Did he actually forget it this time too? Anyways he might not remember our stay here, it was all in the past and probably those things won't matter anymore... I should stop expecting too much sometimes so that I won't be hurt. Let me give some time for this relationship to grow on its own, till then no expectations, no complaints. I decided to drop the thoughts and walk with him.

We walked through the path with our flashlights and finally I could hear the sound of flowing water. Ved got a call so he asked me to go forward and he will join soon. I took baby steps to reach the lake and finally reached there.Once I reached there entire place was lit with the fairy lights arrangement and the place looked mesmerizing. I walked towards the table where the cake was placed. It was a cute tiny cake with the words Happy Birthday Frenemy written on it. I can't believe that idiot really decided to write those things. I looked everywhere to see the culprit of this cute crime and he stood there with a boyish grin.