Annoying Alliance

Jaanvi's POV :

I never thought annoying him would be actually interesting too. When I went back to his cabin he was with his secretary/ex-girlfriend. But by the look on her face it clearly showed that he hasn't mentioned about our engagement to her.
I'm really curious how dumb person she can be that she didn't even notice his engagement ring. Anyways, I would really love to see her award worthy reaction when she gets to know about all these.

My assistant, Nia came to my cabin after sometime and she introduced herself. She is a sweet lady in her 30's with a beautiful smile. She briefed me about all my works and gave me some files to study. She asked me to call her if I need anything. Good cabin and good assistant, I think I can manage to work well in this atmosphere.

I spent an entire day with the files. Nia came to me to ask about lunch and I asked her get a simple sandwich for me. She gave me company during lunch and we talked about other things during lunch.
She became a good friend as the lunch progressed. It was around 5 when I finished reviewing all the files. I got a call from Shaantala aunty asking me to join them for a dinner as a celebration of my first day in V&A.

I went back to parking lot to collect my car and I met Ved with his dear secretary. They were still in an argument so I didn't want to interfere. But the great drama queen Ms. Anaita spotted me and dragged him with her towards my car.
"Why should he attend a dinner with you? Who the are you to go and meet his family?"
She literally barked.
Thank God she didn't bite else I should have gotten myself vaccinated, I can't risk my life with a bitch like her, you know....
"Why don't you ask your boyfriend, I mean ex-boyfriend about it Ms. Anaitha?"
My smirk is my favorite nowadays.
"What do you mean by ex-boyfriend? Ved is my boyfriend, who the hell are you to call him my ex-boyfriend, you bitch"
More barking continued.
"Ved, you should have invited her to our engagement. Look at her...... poor girl doesn't even know anything about the matter. Don't worry Anaitha, I will personally invite you to our marriage."
I was so happy at this moment, I can't explain my happiness in words after looking at her expressions. I don't know how weird it is to feel happy at this moment. But it felt so right that I couldn't stop myself from smiling.
"Ved what nonsense is this stupid bitch talking about? How can you get engaged to her? You love me right baby, she is just lying right? My Ved would never do anything like that to me. Stop talking bulshit "
"First things first
DO NOT DARE TO CALL ME NAMES.
You don't have any rights over me. If you were intelligent enough you would have noticed the engagement ring in his hands. So talk to him and sort out the shit. I have better things to do than talking to a nonsense like you"
And I left with my car. I went to have a tub of cookies n cream ice-cream to calm myself. As the ice-cream melted in my mouth, I realized how badly my cheater ex-friend might be fighting with her current ex-boyfriend. My heart was happy for some unknown reasons.

Once I reached home, I took a long shower and started watching a series. It was around 7 when I remembered that I had to get ready for the dinner. I picked a casual maroon dress and tied my hair into a bun. Once I finished getting ready, the tube light in my brain finally switched on... I forgot to ask the address with her. So I called her to get the address. But she said Ved would pick me up, so I had send him my address.
If only she knew her son knows the address very well since a long time.

Finally his car was in front of my house and I settled on the passenger seat after locking my house. Since it was already boring enough, I tried to play songs on his music system. To my good luck 'Lag Jaa gale ' started playing. He shut the music system as soon as he heard the song.
Bad past memories you see...
I was holding back my laughter looking at his annoyed face. People like his arrogant face or smiley face, but I love his annoyed face. It gives a sense of happiness even if I look like a creep.

Soon we reached the restaurant and he got down and opened the door for me like a gentleman. I was shocked for a second, then I noticed his parents who were in front of us. Dinner went quiet smoothly, he behaved like a trained puppy being all smiles and helping me get the dishes etc. etc. But once the dinner finished and we were in our car, his poker face was back in action. This man is really an authentic example of bipolar natured creature. In front of his parents he is a loving fiancé, otherwise he behaves like he could slit my throat any moment. I really need to take care of this dual personality sicknesses of him so that I won't end up in hospital bed because of his actions.