29 ❥ getting the girl

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry sir," Ryan whispers before heading back into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry about her, she's a brat." Bertha leans over the table and bats her lashes.

"She didn't do anything."

"She was disrespectful."

"I grabbed her wrist."

"Oh. Well-"

"Look Bertha, you seem like a great woman but I'm not interested." I deadpan.

"You haven't even given me a chance."

"Yeah, you and every other woman. I have eyes on one girl and one girl only." I say while making eye contact with the girl who's trying to hide in the kitchen.

My girl.

I think Bertha catches on because she immediately turns around and makes eye contact with Ryan.

"Oh- Are you two- Oh my god! I'm so sorry." Bertha's face turns bright red and she quickly walks away.

I hear a small laugh come from the kitchen and I already know who it's from.

It's my favorite laugh.

I look around me before I quickly get up and make my way into the kitchen.

"What the fu-" I quickly cut her off by pulling her into a nearby supply closet.

"Axton! Get off!" She yells.

"Not until you hear me out."

"I'm working."

"You're on your break."

"How did you-"

"Because this is usually the time you and I meet for lunch."

"I hate you." She groans.

"And you have every right to," I say while trying to get her to look up at me.

Come on baby, just look at me once.

"You have 2 minutes." She mutters.

And bingo! She finally looks me in the eyes.

Fuck, I swear I could melt right here.

"Ok. The reason I didn't tell you who I really am is because of who I am." I say.

Oh shit. That was fucking confusing.

"What?" She asks, her brows bunching together.

"Shit, that came out wrong. Look, as you know, I come from a very well-known family. My parents are big-time in Hollywood and we have a shit ton of money. Xander and I have always had trust issues when it comes to dating. The last girl I was with openly admitted to only being with me for my money. I really fucking like you Ryan and I'm so fucking sorry for not telling you who I really am."

"What if I never saw you? Would you have just continued playing 'Alex'?" She asks.

"No! Of course not. I was planning on telling you. I just didn't know how."

"Was everything you told me a lie? Do you even go to Yale? Are you even 21?" She asks.

"My name is the only thing I lied to you about. Everything else was all real." I try to reassure her.

She looks up at me again and I see tears start to form in her eyes.

No, no, no...

"I really fucking liked Alex." She mumbles.

"Just because my name isn't Alex doesn't mean I'm not him."

"I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE! For all I know, you could be lying right now!" She yells frustratingly.