CHAPTER - 1

LUCIANO ADRIAN ROMERO

"Mr. Romero has done it again" I said as I read what today's headlines in the newspaper said. "Well congratulations " said Luca my best friend, business partner and the underboss for my mafia.

For the world I am an ordinary businessman but in reality I am also the mafia boss for Italy. My businesses are just a cover up to hide all my mafia work.

" By the way, Francesco Ferrari has agreed to our proposal" Luca said taking a sip of his rum "What proposal?" I asked. " The proposal for you to marry his daughter for the trading of guns and weapons and also merge your legal businesses." explained Luca. " For the love of god Luca, how many times do I have to say it that I don't want anything to do with that bastard Ferrari-" before I could complete I was interrupted by Venetia, my sister- in - law and Luca's wife. They have been  married for 2 years now after being in a relationship for 3 years. Venetia and I have grown really close to each other now. At first it was a bit weird to have her around but she has earned our trusts and proved that she deserves to be one of us.

" Lucio before you reject the deal please think of Aiden and Austin, they need a mother's love and Isabella is a nice girl she'll take good care of them and love them as you do so please thin about it before rejecting it" said Venetia. She does have a point though Aiden and Austin are still very young and it'll be difficult for them to grow up without a mother's love plus I don't have anything against Isabella. She's a beautiful woman with black eyes, dark brown hair and tanned skin. As innocent she looks she's nothing like that it's all a show to appear very goody- goody to the world but when it comes to the mafia she can be very ruthless. She has taken over her father's legal businesses not the mafia.

" I'll go forward with the proposal " I said coming out of my thoughts. A huge smile came up on Venetia's lips indicating that she was really happy with my answer an she suddenly jumped and hugged me, that brought a smile on my face too. Luca got up and said " Well then I'll inform the Ferrari's about it." I just nodded an Luca walked out of the office. 

*

After completing all my work in the office I headed to my boys' room only to find them sleeping then I realized that it was pretty late at night. A feeling a guilt rushed to me as I wasn't able to spend any time with my twins this weekend again.

_______________

A/N  - Lucio is a nickname for Luciano.