Sixteen

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Mariposa awoke with a yawn the next morning, stretching out with a lot more room than she's was used to. She immediately remembered the night before and looked for Klaus. Yet, the hybrid was nowhere to be found.

As she stepped out of the room, she bumped into a familiar face, sporting a messy bun, and wearing an old t-shirt, and shorts. Rebekah.

"Good morning, Rebekah." said Mariposa, hugging the blond vampire, "I've missed you and your consist nagging about my clothes."

Mariposa felt the vampire laugh, "I've also missed you dearly. I wished to see you yesterday, but Nik was being an arse." She smiled at the witch.

Suddenly, Mariposa felt a hand touch her shoulder, "Morning, darling," Kol said affectionately. "Did you sleep well?"

The witch nodded her head, "Great, Elijah is making breakfast. Let's go down to eat." Rebekah spoke.

The three of them continued walking down to the kitchen, "Good morning." Mariposa announced, "Do you need any help cooking?" She asked politely.

"No it's fine, go sit."

"I don't think I have ever seen him with a suit on. For a while, I thought his suit was glued to his skin." She whispered, to Rebekah, and she responded with a laugh.

Elijah turned around with a pan in his hand, "Of course, I wear other things than a suit. Whenever you spend the night, you tend to sleep late, so you have never seen me with sleeping wear on." He said.

Mariposa took a mug from the cupboard and walks over to the freshly brewed coffee. She poured herself a cup, "Uh-huh." Mariposa said as she took a sip from her coffee.

Mariposa sits across from Kol, waiting for Elijah to finish breakfast, "The trip was disappointing. Nobody had any valuable information." She announces to the Mikaelsons.

"Maybe you can look at my mother's old grimoires." Elijah moves his gaze away from the stove to Mariposa.

"I was thinking about going to my universe, so I can find out more."

Klaus enters the kitchen, interjecting, "Love, your smart, but I think that's the stupidest idea you've had."

"How?"

"Didn't you say there were threats there?" Kol spoke up.

"Well yes, but that's my only option."

Rebekah raises her head from her newspaper, "There are many options, Mariposa." She said.

Mariposa sighs, "I'm from there. The Scarlet Witch exists there. If I have any chance of finding out more about my powers, going to my universe will be the best option."

"What would your mother say. Surely she won't allow you to go," Elijah says.

Elijah approaches the table, laying three pieces of bacon on each plate and the waffle plate in the center of the table. He walks off to retrieve the bottle of syrup and a dish of scrambled eggs.

"That's the thing I won't tell her. If I don't tell her how is she going to stop me?" Mariposa asks, taking a gulp of her coffee and licking her top lip.

"If you go then one of us should go with," Rebekah says as she takes two waffles from the dish. "It'll be more comforting if we know you were safe," Rebekah says as she stuffs a waffle into her mouth.

"Rebekah is right, you'll be safer," He stated. Kol scoops up some scrambled eggs and places them on his dish.

"You guys do know I can protect myself right?"

Klaus sits beside Mariposa, "Yes love." He replied.

"subject change. Have you guys seen or talked to Finn?" Mariposa asked, taking a bite from her bacon.

Rebekah answered with a simple, "No."

After everyone had finished, they sat in the living room conversing. Until Brandy called Mariposa to tell her to come home.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Mom! I'm back!" Mariposa shouts as she enters the house.

"How was your sleepover?" From the kitchen, Brandy yells. Before leaving out for her morning shift, she was busy preparing herself a cup of coffee.

"It was pretty great! They insisted on me bringing you some breakfast ." Mariposa flashes a bright smile towards her mother while holding a large bag stuffed with food items.

Brandy took the bag from her daughter, "I have grown to like those Mikaelsons as the days go on," Brandy spoke as she looked into the bag.

Mariposa and Brandy sat at the dining table. The older woman looks through the bag of food, pulling out the plastic containers.

"So, tell me Mariposa, do you like those vampires," Brandy questioned, "Though I wish you wouldn't get involved with vampires, they seem genuine."

Mariposa shakes her head, "I don't know ma. They each have their bad traits, but the good ones outweigh the bad ones." She explains.

"Do you have feelings for them?" The older woman said while taking a bite into a piece of bacon.

Mariposa shrugged, "I don't know, their nice."

"But do you like them?" Brandy asked again.

The young witch looked down at her fingernails. Questioning herself, did she like the Mikaelsons? They haven't given her a reason not to.

Klaus seems to be extremely brutal, but with the people, he trusts his kindness and gentleness. Kol may be borderline bipolar yet he accepts and embraces the bad parts of Mariposa.

Rebekah is loyal no matter what, she's sensitive and her feelings are intense. Then there's Elijah overprotective but has a loving nature. She wishes she could think of something for Finn but she hasn't got to know him as well. Each Mikaelson carried themselves with impossibly elegant grace.

Though the younger Mikaelson's were rowdy and eager, visibly competing for her attention. She looked out the window of the dining room, The scenery was beautiful, filled with green everywhere you looked. The tall trees, their trunks covered with healthy moss, their branches filled with wet leaves, the ground covered with ferns. Even the air was filtered down greenly through the leaves, a far cry from the stuffy air and dull colors of the city.

"Mom."

"Yes?"

"I think I like the Mikaelson's more than friends."