Thirteen

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Mariposa awoke strapped to a chair in a familiar dark room with padded walls and a single light in the center of the ceiling. "You've got to be kidding me," Mariposa muttered something under her breath.

She tried everything she could to get her arms free from the restraints, but they wouldn't budge.

Mariposa turned to her right and noticed a table with a metal tray on it; she sat up a little more to get a better view. She sat up and noticed the various-sized syringes and scalpels neatly placed on the tray.

Her eyes widened at the sight, and her breathing quickened as she realized what was going to happen.

Two men in lab coats walked towards her as the door swung open. "No, no, no, get away from me!" Mariposa yelled at the two men, who ignored her and walked over to her. She tried, again and again, to break free from the restraints, but they refused to budge. "I swear I'll kill you if you touch me."

One of the men laughed at Mariposa's words. "You know you can't do that," the man said, pointing to the cuffs that were wrapped around Mariposa's hands and preventing her from using her powers.

The man to her right took a syringe with some sort of purple fluid in it and injected it sharply into Mariposa's arm. Mariposa's veins turned black as the fluid passed through her body, causing the two scientists to smile triumphantly and look at each other.

She tried to hide her pain from the two men, but when another set of fluids was injected into her other arm, it became unbearable, causing her to yell, grip the arms of the chair, and thrash around. Her entire body felt like it was on fire.

"You're.. going to be.. so sorry when I.. get out of here."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Mariposa settles into the bathtub, gripping onto the bath rim. She uses the shampoo Klaus has given her to use, which smells like vanilla. She gracefully washes her hair, Mariposa brushes all the knots out with a comb..

Mariposa lathered soap on her skin, she used a towel to wash off the soap suds from her body. The witch stood up from the tub, making the water swish.

She dries herself off then puts her hair in a ponytail. Mariposa drops her tail, grabbing the lavender scent lotion, Klaus also offered.

Spreading the lotion onto her body she hums a lullaby, her mother used to sing. She puts on the boxers and bra she was given.

Mariposa picks up the articles of clothing, that Rebekah lent. She puts on the shorts and a tee shirt. Walking out of the room with her previous clothing in her hand.

"Uh, thanks for letting me shower and the clothes," Mariposa speak awkwardly.

She feels presence  appear behind her, "Here I'll take that." Elijah gestures to the clothes she's holding. Mariposa offers a smile when handing him her clothes.

"Mariposa, I've made some food to help with your headache," Finn said beside her, gently grasping her wrist. She trailed behind the vampire, until they reach the diner table. Finn pulls out the seat for her as the other Mikaelson's filled in the room.

They sat together at the table and ate in comfortable silence for a while. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened earlier? " Finn finally spoke up as he served Mariposa some food.

She sighs knowing she couldn't avoid not talking about this, "I felt like someone was trying to get into my head. Yet, I have a mental barrier, they were trying to break through it." Mariposa says looking at each Mikaelson.

"Do you think someone is out to get you?" Elijah asked.

"Well," Mariposa began after swallowing a piece of warm chicken, "That I do not know." She added as an afterthought, scooping up a forkful of potatoes.

Elijah bobbed his head in a nod, "We'll help if it's needed, see it as another favor."

"I second that, I've grown a liking to you." Rebekah added.

"I think we all know why."

"I'm thankful for your words," She said with a mouthful, "Bu-" Mariposa is interrupted by a banging on the door. They shot up from their seats, as Klaus walks to the door.

He pushed out of the way as a worried Brandy came in view, "Oh, Mariposa!" She cried, hurriedly walking towards her daughter.

Mariposa saw the Mikaelson's on guard and she shook her head, "Mom! I'm sorry I missed my curfew."

"I don't care. I heard what happened to you and I immediately went looking for you." Brandy voice wavered, "I basically turned Mystic Falls upside down looking for you! So I went to Caroline's and she said you would be here." Brandy said, hugging Mariposa tight.

"I'm sorry, I didn't call you."

"It's fine, as long as your okay." Brandy assured her, Brandy removed herself from her daughter, "And Mariposa Bennett why are you hanging out with vampires."

"You do know Caroline's a vampire right?"

Brandy narrows her eyes at Mariposa, "Don't be smart with me. I know Caroline wouldn't do anything to intentionally hurt you, but I don't know so much about them." She explains.

Finn clears his throat, "Excuse me ma'am, but we don't intend on harming your daughter." He said with a calm voice.

"My brother is right, Miss Bennett. You daughter has helps us, and we intend to repay that debt."

Brandy scoffs, "So, you guys are just friends, or?" She asked.

The Mikaelson's answered for Mariposa, "Friends!" They lapsed into silence after that.

Brandy bit back a grin, "What you guys don't find my daughter attractive?"

"It's not that, we don't think she's attractive. It's just we've only knew each other for a few week." Klaus answers.

Mariposa sighed, deciding to change the subject, "Ma, Rebekah offer me to stay the night. Do you mind if I do?" She asked.

"Are you sure honey? I don't want to start feeling bad again."

"I'm fine mom, after I ate some food my headache went away."

"Fine, but call me if anything happens. Also keep PG tonight, okay."