Four

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The parking lot at Mystic Grill is nearly full, but Mariposa found a spot and then jogged to the entrance.

Mariposa enters the Mystic Grill and takes a seat at the bar, loud pop music blasting from the speakers. As she waits for an employee at the bar, she taps her nails. Mariposa snatches a handful of small pretzels and stuffs two into her mouth. "Matt!" she exclaims, turning her head. Mariposa calls out to him over the roar of conversations and music, "Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes."

"Mariposa Bennett ." He returns the smile, opening his arms for a hug. "It's been a long time."

"So what's going on?" Mariposa asks as she steps back. "I noticed all the vehicles in out front."

"Oh, yes. Tonight is karaoke night. It's become a popular activity among the local high schoolers and slightly older people." He explained, "Hey, when did you arrive in town?"

"I only arrived a few nights ago." Matt and Mariposa were best friends when they were kids. He has always tried to protect Mariposa when someone had been picking on her. When a Kindergarten boy tugged up Mariposa's skirt during recess, Matt bit the boy's ear and said, "But how have you been?"

"Vicky died, but I've been handling it well."

"Oh, and I'm sorry about your sister, even though I never liked her."

He shakes his head at Mariposa, knowledge of his sister's and hers relationship.

"Yeah, thanks for your condolence," Matt says, tossing the rag he was using to clean the table over his shoulder. "So, what's got you here, you the grill?"

"I was invited to come by Bonnie and Elena."

Matt went behind the bar, "Where are they?" He asked, collecting the dirty shot glasses.

"I've texted Bonnie and she said they ran into some trouble but they aren't far," Mariposa explained, while looking at the messages.

"Call me if you need anything," Matt insisted, and Mariposa nodded in response. She watched as he left to go wait tables.

A stunning man with sandy blond curls and dark blue-green eyes that contrast with his pearly white complexion. Who possesses a delicate and yet masculine face walks into the grill.

Then there's another guy with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. He appears to be in his late teens, maybe seventeen or eighteen years old, with a really attractive face and a slim and athletic build who enters behind the other man.

Mariposa's eyes follow both men to the spot they choose to sit at. There's something off about these me, she can sense they're vampires but not normal vampires. She feels a sense of danger coming from these men. Mikaelsons.

"Hello, what would you like?"

Mariposa diverted her eyes to the awaited bartender, "A sweet tea and fries please." She asked, to which the bartender nodded.

"Hello dear, are you new here." One of the men speaks to Mariposa in an alluring voice. She slightly turned her head to look at them, she narrows her eyes at the man not quite trusting his intentions. Mariposa ignored his attempt of trying to talk to her.

"What's your name, sweetheart?" Blondie was the next to speak up, finally looking at the young lady and saying, "Come on, don't be crass."

"Mariposa Bennett, not that it matters," Mariposa says, turning her gaze to him.

"Do you have any relation with Bonnie Bennett?" The dark-haired man inquires, raising an eyebrow. She puts on a neutral face, not engaging in their questions. Yet he repeats the question.

"Yes, she's my cousin."

Klaus takes a sip from his drink, "Why haven't we seen you around then." He replied.

"Because I haven't been to Mystic Falls since I was young."

Kol was next to speak, "Then why'd you come here for?"

Mariposa swirled her drink with her straw, "Long story." She disclosed, looking at her phone, seeing Bonnie texted her.

Bonnie
About three minutes away

Bonnie
Sorry for being late

"Come on you can trust us."

Mariposa let's out a small laugh, "Why would I tell strangers about my business?" She spoke softly.

Klaus and Kol exchanged a look, "Point taken, let's change the subject shall we? Do you what your cousin is?" Klaus asked cautiously.

"Do you know what my cousin is?"Mariposa spoke calmly.

"A witch."

Mariposa scoffs,"Bingo! You want a prize?" She asked amused.

"So, what are you?"

Mariposa made eye contact with Kol, "Just know I can kill you in the blink of the eye." She admitted.

Klaus smiles yet she knew the smile had a bad meaning behind it, "Now you have me intrigued, little one."

Mariposa gaze diverts to the door watching as her friends walked in, "This was fun but I have better things to do." She said the two before leaving, "About time you've guys got here." She
exclaimed when she went up to the trio.

"What were Klaus and Kol talking to you for?" Elena questions as the girls sat down.

"The two were just wondering who I was."

Caroline sat next to Mariposa, "You need watch out for the Mikaelson's their dangerous."

Mariposa scoffs and bit into a fry, "So am I."

She zoned out as the trio ranted on about the Mikaelson's, but when she heard a new voice, she snapped out of her trance.

"Bonnie, Stefan and I need your help." The dark haired man demanded, Mariposa frowned at him .

Bonnie shook her head, I'm drained, Damon. I can't help right now." She sighed at the vampire.

Damon rolled his eyes, "Can you just do your witchy thing, it'll be quick?"

"I believe she said no, so stop pushing her." Mariposa decided it was her time to step in.

Damon scowled at Mariposa, griping Bonnie's wrist,"Ah, your the cousin right?" He smiled with menacingly and Mariposa nodded," This has nothing to do with you, so you should mind your business."

"Considering it's my cousin's health at risk, it has everything to do with me."

Elena stood up, "Why don't we all clam down." She tried, but Damon and Mariposa were still glaring at each other.

"Stay out of it." He spat, dragging Bonnie out of the booth by her wrist.

Bonnie pushed Damon back, "I said no!" She whispered-yelled.

Mariposa sent a wave of energy that only affected the humans in the room. Each human froze in their spot, "Back off before something bad happens to you." She snarled, using her magic to fly Damon into the vacant tables.

Damon laughed, craning his head back. His vampiric face appears, then he goes to attack Mariposa. The young witch then bought him down to his knees, his screaming in agony.

"Wait! Don't kill him!" Elena yelled concerned for the vampire, she shook Mariposa's shoulder.

"Let's go." Mariposa took Bonnie's hand into hers, then raised her hand, teleported them elsewhere.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃