Before I could step forward, Tyson opened his mouth clear as day as it echoed into the hall.

"Hey Jackson, on a scale of one to vagina what would you rate the two guys in the stairwell bullying someone?" His voice was teasing as the stairwell immediately became quiet.

"On a scale of one to decking them in the mouth what would you rate how close we are?" Scott chimes in with a smirk plastered as he quickly heard the shuffling of feet running down the stairs away from us.

I smiled at them with a look of thanks as they nodded, the three of us, much to my surprise- making our way down one set of stairs as I saw the small boy shoving his belongings back into his backpack with shaky hands. Back then I would have teased him and called him a pussy. I've said some things back in my middle school and early high school days that now I scold myself on. I shifted my weight from foot to foot as I watched him stand unsure of what I should say. Thankfully someone else broke the silence.

"Say the word and I'll turn their testicles into a piñata. Nah- I got it even better I'll go fuck their moms and become their step daddy to both of them so that way I can sneak leaches into their beds and do all kinds of shit even satan wouldn't dream of." Scott was in thought as a confident smile graced his lips. The three of us stared at him for a moment. I could help but bite my lip to stop myself from laughing at the weird expression on Olivers face. Sometimes I don't know what species Scott is.

"Dude what? You a step daddy? Pshhh, no cougar is going to go for you."

"What are you talking about I'm so sexy." Scott defended himself crossing his arms.

"You're like 5'9 for one, you're loud and obnoxious and you have literally an entire room dedicated to Alpaca's like even down to your sheets and bath towels." Scott's cheeks began to form a faint tint of red as he huffed. It was true though he had an obsession with alpacas.

"What does height have to do with anything fuck face, I may be 5'9 but my dick game strong I can assure you and I can't say anything about loud and obnoxious but the alpacas is a low blow man, alpacas can be sexy." His eyes widened slightly as the terror rolled in at the realization of his words before adding, "oh my god not like the animal being sexy I mean alpaca sheets with me naked on them would be sexy like come on!! Oliver-" he quickly looked over at the painter, pointing a finger out at Tyson. "Oliver please tell this guy that the alpaca sheets could be sexy."

I forced myself not to groan seeing as we were already late and this whole argument was pointless. The two of them could go at it for hours and it was entertaining but I felt bad that now they were dragging Oliver into it. I looked over at him, watching as the boy fiddled with his sleeve anxiously as he avoided eye contact with any of us but I could see the faint small smile dancing on his lips as he took in a breath.

"I've never seen alpaca she-" he began his voice smaller than ever but before he could even finish the sound of Scott gasping in horror washed over the entire stairwell. He placed a hand over his heart dramatically as he lifted the other to grip at Tyson shoulder like he was going to pass out. He was such a drama queen.

"You... you've never seen Alpaca sheets? Oh no, no, no, no, JACKSON-" he was frantic as he shook his head with his words looking to meet my eyes. "Jackson sir this won't do, it won't do at all, he needs to hang out with us effective immediately to see the glorious sheets on my bed before we can be friends. Jesus Oliver."

"Fuck Scott leave the poor guy alone before you give him a migraine like you've already given me." Tyson scolded him with a quick slap to his back. Scott yelped with the force as Tyson shoved him up the stairs still continuing to lecture him as I quietly chuckled following suit behind Oliver as I let him go in-front of me. His head was down and he instead fiddled with the bottom of his hoodie as he slowly made our way up. The paint chipping off from the certain spot he was rubbing. He looked confused, scared, excited but sad all mixed in one like the emotions were one after another but he masked it well.

I leaned over slightly as we made it out of the stairwell, peering over his shoulder to look at him. The sound of the two laughing slightly further down the hall, along with the tap of our shoes bouncing off the row of lockers. "I'm sorry about my friends they can be a bit... much sometimes." My apology was sincere. I felt bad that Scott had went into full panic mode over sheets no less.

He hummed quietly. His feet tapping against the floor twice as fast as mine. He had to be about 5'7 while I was 6'1. He didn't look up still but I saw him glance at me from the corner of his eyes seeing as I was leaned over slightly as we walked.

"It's okay.." he stated. I opened my mouth to continue but he cut me off before I could. "He said he wanted to be friends." I almost didn't hear him. I couldn't pin point his emotions but I could sense his anxiety over the situation.

"Don't worry, one day at a time Oli." I offered him a warm smile even though I knew he wouldn't look up to see it but I liked the idea of him knowing I was even if he only glanced from the corners of his eyes.